INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View - Feed my OCD  (Read 950 times)

steelman1991

• World Citizen
Theatre View - Feed my OCD
« on: January 02, 2013, 04:54:12 pm »

I like to give my poster art a blu-ray, DVD treatment, rather than the plain theatrical poster look. However, despite saving these files as .png, to introduce a transparent layer, this layer remains visible until the actual picture is brought into focus - see the screen grab below

Hopefully the 'chequered (transparent) layer' is visible from the screen shot, but as noted earlier is only prevalent on the out of focus covers. It continues to show briefly when brought into full focus and then disappears when full focus has been attained.

Obviously not a priority, but would appreciate anything that could be done to resolve.

Thanks

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre View - Feed my OCD
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 02:15:27 am »

I do not know the exact details behind this process, but it's probably because the transparant layers are not processed during this "low rez" picture processing which all of the smaller images use in "3D mode". Only the focused picture are are fully processed from the original cover art.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

steelman1991

• World Citizen
Re: Theatre View - Feed my OCD
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 03:52:25 am »

I do not know the exact details behind this process, but it's probably because the transparant layers are not processed during this "low rez" picture processing which all of the smaller images use in "3D mode". Only the focused picture are are fully processed from the original cover art.

Certainly seems to be the case - presumably expected behaviour to aid perfomance. Hope there is some way to change the process. Not a deal breaker by any stretch of the imagination. Can live with it, if no remedy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up