INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo Request  (Read 3817 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Gizmo Request
« on: November 11, 2011, 10:42:45 am »

In the next build of Gizmo could you please add the ability to change the rating of the tracks.. (If it isn't allready done, I haven't used it in a while)

Thank You

scm

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo Request
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:05:18 pm »

And if you do so, will it be just as easy to add this ability to WebPlay, for those who don't have Gizmo, or no?

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:15:27 pm »

any progress on this?  I have a new tablet and would like to be able to rate tracks as they are played.

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 09:24:57 am »

The ability to [Add Track to  ____  Playlist] would be mighty handy, as well.

Thanks guys,
Bob
Using (paid) MC17 to play music from a PC server (ZOTAC ZBox Win7) and controlled by a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Gizmo and/or "Unified Remote".

Chronic

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 06:04:04 am »

and a function to drag/rearrange tracks within the 'playing now' list would be awesome

if there was that function i'd be preordering a nexus 7 right now, but until then my phone will do

gizmo (for me) is mostly about using it a a remote control for MC, so im not sat at my PC all night, so being able to rearrange the order of a the 'playing now' playlist would be a great function

8lior8707

• Recent member
give us the users some control on buffer size
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 05:50:55 am »

give us the users some control on buffer size
when playing form internet with slow speed connection

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:17:43 am »

and a function to drag/rearrange tracks within the 'playing now' list would be awesome

if there was that function i'd be preordering a nexus 7 right now, but until then my phone will do

gizmo (for me) is mostly about using it a a remote control for MC, so im not sat at my PC all night, so being able to rearrange the order of a the 'playing now' playlist would be a great function

+1

scrags

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 06:01:26 pm »

Id love to see the aspect ratio of the thumbnails in the movies folder to be changed to something more like a DVD case. Square works great for CDs but rectangle would be better for the movies folder ;)

MrHaugen

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 09:11:36 am »

Steersman at http://steersman.byterefinery.de have started a DLNA Android Pad project. Check it out and help out with beta testing if you like. I really hope that this get's some traction.
I'm just so tired of wating for stuff to be added to gizmo :(
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Yupanqui

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 11:07:04 am »

I have a smartlist for songs with 4 and 5 stars. I play it in random order. Gizmo don`t show  the listbutton (3 stripes and 3 points). Please change that  in Gizmo.

Thank you very much

WinoOutWest

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 11:25:48 am »

I agree with most of these plus I would like to add:

The ability to expand search results in order to view specific tracks.  If I search for Werewolf of london i get one result in Gizmo for title.  If I add that to Playing Now it adds all 10 matches to playing now.   Why can't we expand another level deeper in the search.

Both this and the ability to see and change the star ratings AND the ability to see the actual playing now list (if the number of tracks are greater than 100 (or whatever the current limit is)) are all things I was able to do with NetRemote on my 200Mhz Pocket PCs some 8 years ago!

Bob in St. Louis

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:29 pm »

......... AND the ability to see the actual playing now list (if the number of tracks are greater than 100 (or whatever the current limit is)).............

Is that why the playing now list is there and sometimes it's not?
I've been wodering that for a long time now.  ?

Bob
Using (paid) MC17 to play music from a PC server (ZOTAC ZBox Win7) and controlled by a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 with Gizmo and/or "Unified Remote".

stonemanty

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 05:52:40 am »

This maybe asking a bit much, but a mouse pad in Gizmo would be cool; at the moment I have to swap back to Mobile Mouse (yes, its a hard life...).

I use a Nexus 7, and there's potentially enough space below the artwork.

Also, the play buttons need better contrast for us visually challenged please - white on white is hard to read without finding my glasses!

Thanks
Andy

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 12:13:39 pm »

Some great ideas here.  I'd like to add one . . . the ability to have Gizmo silence the "beep" that some Android devices make when the hardware volume buttons are used. I know it's possible, because other software does it.

gazjam

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 11:55:04 am »

Steersman at http://steersman.byterefinery.de have started a DLNA Android Pad project. Check it out and help out with beta testing if you like. I really hope that this get's some traction.
I'm just so tired of wating for stuff to be added to gizmo :(

That looks good, will watch with interest.
The Gold standard for me is (unfortunately) not on android platform, JRemote.

IPENG for Squeezebox is even better than that.

The user experience is everything and more of us are accessing our music from our Tablets.
I'm sure Jim and the guys know there is an interest for a tablet app (super Gizmo!) and it will come when they have the time. :)

I share your frustration though, coming from a Squeezebox background and used to IPeng, Gizmo seems a bit limited in its functionality and appearance.
Looks wise its fine on a phone but on a tablet...its ok.

I'm currently using BubbleUpnp  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en
for controlling JRiver and it has a lot of functionality that Gizmo doesn't.
The killer feature for me is being able to browse "Other albums by <Playing Artist>..." when playing a track.
Playlist Management though limited is at least there.

It looks pretty good on a tablet too...even on my Nexus 10.
Could be a good stand in for us frustrated tablet users in the mean time?

Gaff_l

• Recent member
Re: Re: Gizmo Request
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 04:33:47 am »

Thanks for the tip about BubbleUpnp. Just started using it after your suggestion and it's terrific. So much better designed and more comprehensive than Gizmo, and works seamlessly with MC18. My increasing frustration at Gizmo's clunky interface and, frankly, abysmal performance has evaporated! Good suggestion.

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 12:09:48 am »

That looks good, will watch with interest.
The Gold standard for me is (unfortunately) not on android platform, JRemote.

IPENG for Squeezebox is even better than that.

The user experience is everything and more of us are accessing our music from our Tablets.
I'm sure Jim and the guys know there is an interest for a tablet app (super Gizmo!) and it will come when they have the time. :)

I share your frustration though, coming from a Squeezebox background and used to IPeng, Gizmo seems a bit limited in its functionality and appearance.
Looks wise its fine on a phone but on a tablet...its ok.

I'm currently using BubbleUpnp  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblesoft.android.bubbleupnp&hl=en
for controlling JRiver and it has a lot of functionality that Gizmo doesn't.
The killer feature for me is being able to browse "Other albums by <Playing Artist>..." when playing a track.
Playlist Management though limited is at least there.

It looks pretty good on a tablet too...even on my Nexus 10.
Could be a good stand in for us frustrated tablet users in the mean time?

That looks like something I'd love to try, but I can't get BubbleUpnp to connect to my media server.  Can you help me out a bit with the settings to connect?
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

Kendle

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 07:24:24 am »

It would be nice to have the option to view movie information, before deciding on which to play.

MrHaugen

Re: Re: Gizmo Request
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 05:54:34 pm »

I tried the Bubbleupnp, but I have a hard time connecting to my dlna server. I used the server ip and the 52199 port together with the username and password. Am I missing something here?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Snowmonkey

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 03:43:38 pm »

What I would really like is the option to automatically pause playback when I get an incoming call on my phone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up