INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unnassigned songs SNAFU  (Read 710 times)

desalvo55

• Recent member
Unnassigned songs SNAFU
« on: December 27, 2012, 11:03:30 am »

Why does Media Monkey get it right but LiTunes goes stupid and jriver leaves so many titles in unassigned?

My directory structure is a simple tree; artist folder, albums folder then the names and track numbers.

For instance, I have 5 B-Tribe albums perfectly arranged. JRiver recognized 2 of them. The rest are unassigned. I've tried letting jriver analyze but 20 minutes later, it's still working on the first track of 48! Then there's the rest of the unassigned library!

Any help would be appreciated  ;D

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unnassigned songs SNAFU
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 11:12:28 am »

the files have no tags in them? when you rightclick on a file, choose library tools>fill properties from filename. you could see if automatic would work, but else you can use and change the templates. first do a few then you can do the rest.

gab

desalvo55

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 11:15:53 am »

It's unbelievably bad, the library tools in JRiver.  :(

It simply cannot properly extract a simple filename into a tag such as D:\FLAC\Artist\Album\song - reliably. 

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 01:10:19 pm »

If your files are located as you say (that is, D:\Flac\Artist\Album), then the Fill Properties From Filename will work fine.  This is a standard use case.

Set to Template mode, and fill the following templates:

Directories:
    D:\Flac\[Artist]\[Album]\

Filename:
     [Name]

(you don't indicate if your song file names contain Track #, but if they did, the Filename template will be something like:

Filename:
    [Track #] [Name]

It really is quite trivial matching, so I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting it to work.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up