INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie cover art [solved]  (Read 1671 times)

kmclash

• Recent member
Movie cover art [solved]
« on: January 20, 2013, 08:07:58 am »

Hi!
I have been using MC mainly for audio files in the past, but I recently imported my video files into MC18 and I am thrilled by the result!
One thing that annoys me though is that when video files are given the sub type Movie, mutiple discs won't get sorted under the same cover art like they do when sub type TVShow is chosen. Is there a way get this done? If not, I'd be very happy to see this beeing implemented into a future update.

Thanks

kmclash

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie cover art
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:59:04 am »

It's possible. You'll loose the file info pane in Theater View, but that's it. It should be possible to do similar things if you use standard view.
You can follow this thread for info on a Box Set setup: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77006.msg522100#msg522100
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:27:53 am »

Hi!
I have been using MC mainly for audio files in the past, but I recently imported my video files into MC18 and I am thrilled by the result!
One thing that annoys me though is that when video files are given the sub type Movie, mutiple discs won't get sorted under the same cover art like they do when sub type TVShow is chosen. Is there a way get this done? If not, I'd be very happy to see this beeing implemented into a future update.

Thanks

kmclash
Not exactly sure if I understand what you're trying to do, but I segregate my movie files into two different classifications under Movie ... Series and Title.  Then I group all trilogies or series of movies together under the same Series name where they are sorted with the same cover art for the whole series (I assign movies in a series an episode number for sorting like you would for tv show episodes) ... with the rest of my stand-alone movies each having its own cover art under Title.  Not sure if you meant a series of movies when you said multiple discs ... but you should be able to sort series of movies and multiple-disc movies in the same way I would think.
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

kmclash

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 12:03:21 pm »

MrHaugen: I'm not shure even where to begin to do that. I'm not a programmer. But I'm going to take a stab at it. Thanks for answering.

wildcatknh: What I'm refering to is multiple discs of the same movie. I have tried with series, seasons and episodes to sort but with no luck. It seems it has something to do with how MC handles the video sub type: movie. If you change the video sub type from movie to TV Show the files move to your TV Show tab and the files sort under the same cover art.

kmclash

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 03:06:52 pm »

There is also this thread. Maybe this is what you are looking for? You don't have to be a programmer to follow this.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76987.msg522059#msg522059

kmclash

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 10:31:39 am »

I'm not shure when the "stack" feature was implemented, (select multiple files, right klick, select stack) but it's just what I was after. Very nice!

Thanks

/kmclash
Pages: [1]   Go Up