Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bugz  (Read 642 times)

niwaban

bugz
« on: April 12, 2002, 09:55:08 am »

1.  great software!  best player I have used.  thank you!

I am currently using MJ 7.2.280.  my box at home is currently an oversized toaster, a state of things which prevents me from trying 8.0.247 to see if the following bugs have been fixed.  if there have been any posts mentioning what I have noticed (I have looked through all the posts), I have missed them, and I do apologize for re-posting.  anyhow, still in its trial period

2.  option "Startup Page (PLUS FEATURE)" set to [Start Media Jukebox in:] "Media Library" does not seem to work for me, since the player starts in the home page instead.

3.  when I edit MP3 tags (ID3v2), the option "Update Changed Files" does not save the updated information (it does display the progress dialog, so it seems as though MJ cannot identify that a file has changed...  although it seems that if MJ thinks that the file is not changed it should not display the dialog at all).  "Update All Files" works fine.

4.  it seems that when importing MP3 files, MJ uses ID3v1 tag information, instead of ID3v2, if those exist.  it seems to be a more frustrating bug... if it is, indeed, a bug and not something I missed.

5.  MJ is great software!  thank you!

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:bugz
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2002, 10:24:39 am »

ID3V2 tags are optionally updated depending on your settings under settings/options.

Bugs in 7.2.280 will not be fixed since we're working on 8.0.  Suggest trying it.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2002, 10:48:51 am »

niwaban

>> 2. option "Startup Page (PLUS FEATURE)" set to [Start Media Jukebox in:]
worked for me, and still does in MJ8

8.0 has a better way of dealing with ID3 Tags

the only thing i don't like about mj8 and starting in a screen is when i click on Media Library i would like the focus set to the Find box so when i click on that i can start typing my search parm. right now i click on it then i must wait untill MJ and my slow 700mhz computer gets the form up, then i must click on the find text box.

when i could have already typed all this in.

maybe when i get a 2.4ghz or faster cpu this will not be as big of a problem for me.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2002, 10:56:13 am »

The Startup Option in 7.2 never worked if MJ was in it's trial period despite the fact that it was supposed to have all PLUS features enabled for the duration of the trial. It works once it's registered though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up