INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When will MC17 auto update to MC18?  (Read 2050 times)

Simon Chick

• Recent member
When will MC17 auto update to MC18?
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:00:38 am »

I made an advance purchase of MC18 back in August when there was an upgrade offer, understanding that it would be upgraded when a stable version was ready.

I saw just now on the MC18 board that MC18 is now the preferred download but when I checked using Upgrade Channels, I get 'J River is up to date (17.0.189)'. The selected update preference is Stable.

So should I continue to wait until auto update invites me to install MC18, or do I need to get it proactively?

NAS > noiseless PC > Ayre QB-9 USB DAC > Ayre KX-R pre-amp > Ayre MX-R monoblocs > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Chord Sarum interconnects and speaker cables
Missing Link Opus, MCRU Ultimate and Transparent Reference Powerlink power cables
PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Sonority isolation platforms.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: When will MC17 auto update to MC18?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 05:09:37 am »

I don't think it will auto upgrade you from 17 to 18 (only point upgrades within each version).
JRiver CEO Elect

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:30:14 am »

Download MC18 and install it. That's the only way to upgrade a major version.

It's never said anywhere that it's supposed to auto upgrade it self to another major version. You have the ability to do it manually, and you have the license. But that's it I'm afraid. It should take you 2-4 minutes, and all settings and library content should be saved and converted to MC18. I would take a manual backup first. Just in case.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Simon Chick

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 07:42:26 am »

OK it's not a problem. I just didn't want to mess up a planned process, assuming there was one.
Thanks.
NAS > noiseless PC > Ayre QB-9 USB DAC > Ayre KX-R pre-amp > Ayre MX-R monoblocs > Dynaudio Confidence C4 Signatures
Chord Sarum interconnects and speaker cables
Missing Link Opus, MCRU Ultimate and Transparent Reference Powerlink power cables
PS Audio P10 Power Plant. Sonority isolation platforms.
Pages: [1]   Go Up