INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download pictures from Webgizmo  (Read 1401 times)

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
Download pictures from Webgizmo
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:16:08 am »

I am trying to figure out how to download pictures from webgizmo.  I cannot right click on images to "save as".  Is there an option somewhere to enable this?

I just upgraded to MC18 hoping that there was more options but I now notice when I click on a thumbnail to open an image it stretches the picture all the way accross the screen distorting it.  When I hit the next button the next image looks fine then I hit the previous button and the original stretched image looks fine.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Download pictures from Webgizmo
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 01:30:23 pm »

Use Firefox (or Chrome).  IE is pretty rough here.

If either are options, post again and I'll post some tips to get the scaled or original size image downloaded.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 01:51:23 pm »

Same thing.  No right click option when viewing images in chrome.

I'd love to have a link to download the full size image.  I can do some coding if needed but I am not very familiar with js.

The biggest reason for needing thisis my sister's in-laws are from London and they want pics of their wedding and grandkids.  Since I'm the only tech person in the family it was left up to me and I would rather use Gizmo for this instead of building another web site.

Thanks.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 01:54:30 pm »

I don't have Chrome installer here.  Can you get the image's link (aka location) copied?  It doesn't matter if the image is scaled.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 02:10:06 pm »

The only thing I can do is copy the URL in the address bar.  There is no other way of getting any type of link to the image that I can see.

Is there a way to add a download button on the bottom toolbar next to the play button?

MrC

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 02:34:43 pm »

There might be an easier way in Chrome, but I found this quickly enough.

Enable Developer Tools (Ctrl-Shift-I).

From the Resources menu, expand Frames > (play_html5_html) > Images.

Select the GetFile item.  From the bottom preview, you can right-click to either Copy image URL or Open image in new tab. Open it in a new tab.  From the new tab's URL, remove the portions:

&Conversion=WebPlay&Playback=1

and hit Enter.  You now have the browser-scaled image which you can save full size (click also to see full size).

The same concept for Firefox, but you can just right-click to copy the URL directly from the WebGizmo image playback page.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 03:51:56 pm »

Thanks!

Now if someone could tell me how to add an easy link so the relatives in London can just click to download.  They know very little about computers :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up