INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Added a DVD-ROM drives but its detecting it as a CDRW drive  (Read 1313 times)

jivinjoe

• Recent member
Added a DVD-ROM drives but its detecting it as a CDRW drive
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:08:04 pm »

Hello everyone, Im having a problem. I only had 1 CD-RW Samsung drive I was using to rip my collection. I got a Dell DVD-Rom drive from a friend, when I installed it JRiver says is the same as my samsung drive and it will not work. In windows device manager it has it labeled correctly. I tried the re-detect in MC17 and it labels both drives as the same? Any help would be great.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Added a DVD-ROM drives but its detecting it as a CDRW drive
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 04:34:43 pm »

All my drives appear as "Compact Disc" but with unique drive leters in MC if they have no disc in the but the title changes as soon as you put a disk into the drive.
JRiver CEO Elect

jivinjoe

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 05:01:19 pm »

They have different drive letters but both have the name and when I loaded a CD it shows the CD correctly but when I go to play it gives me a error.

jivinjoe

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 05:24:34 pm »

If you go under Tools, Options, and then Burning it will show the drives and names. It shows 2 drives letters but they are the same name. I had 2 drives before and it worked fine. The Dell drive works great with other programs but JRiver is see's it as 2 of the same for some reason.

jivinjoe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 07:09:16 am »

Still cant get these to work together. I uninstalled the Samsung and then MC see's the dell drive as dell, shut down and install the samsung, reboot and MC see's both as samsung and can't read the dell drive. Im positive its a MC issues because the drive works fine with any other program, and is also labeled correctly in device manager. I have about 1500 CDs to rip and its going to take forever using one drive. Maybe I'll just have to pic up a different brand but not sure I want to waste money is MC wont be able to read it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up