INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-Ray's won't play in MC18!  (Read 5454 times)

Surfking61

• Recent member
Blu-Ray's won't play in MC18!
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:04:21 pm »

I have trial version of MC18 and it works great but for one thing.  When I try to play a Blu-Ray disc it tells me that
something went wrong with the playback to install a Blu-Ray player.  I have a registered copy of Bad Spammer player
installed on my PC.  So why will it not play Blu-Ray's.  I want to purchase this at the end of my trial but not if it will not
work completely.   Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Blu-Ray's won't play in MC18!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:19:39 pm »

You need a reader for Blu-ray playback.  More here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Blu-ray
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Surfking61

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 06:58:16 pm »

First, I don't know where the Bad Spammer Player came from cause I typed in a completely different
name but it keeps putting in Bad Spammer.  What is the deal with that??  I have a purchased copy
of a Blu_Ray Player and it play Blu-Rays fine on my PC so why will it not work.  If you have to buy a
certain software that is not to good.  Why should I play $50 for MC18 then have to go spend another
$60 for some software that works.  Why not make the one I have work?  Any other ideas?

hulkss

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:05:24 pm »

JRiver Media Center needs other software to deal with Blu-Ray copy protection (Digital Rights Management).

Read this: http://blu-ray-to-dvd-converter-software-review.toptenreviews.com/understanding-blu-ray-disc-copy-protections.html

royal

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 03:47:37 pm »

Shouldnt MC have something to use a normal player if they dont plan to copy or rip, just play a Blu-ray

Ekpen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 04:33:27 pm »

+1
I have  no interest in copying or ripping, just play Blu ray from Sony Changers with RS 232 port or IP.

Thanks.
Ekpen.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 02:07:16 pm »

I'm new to JRiver so this may be cockpit error...

DVDFab BR rips play fine...DTS MA etc is all good. 

However, trying to play disks from my BR drive almost never works.  Symptoms are not consistent from disc to disc.  Some don't do anything, some try to play (time counter runs, but nothing else).  Other symptoms include the audio path monitor showing only the baseline DTS soundtrack when there is a MA track on the disc.  Sometimes I get the error "Something went wrong with playback, Details: Failed to connect video decoder to source/splitter" 

I probably have something set incorrectly, but what should I be checking?

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 02:46:53 am »

You can set MC to use a particular player software dependant on the disc inserted.

Goto 'Options --> File Types' and scroll to the 'Other' section at the bottom. In there you can select the disc type and then under 'Playback Method' you have an option to use an external program. See the screenshot below.

I don't use this facility myself because all my Blurays are ripped and stored on the server and so they playback in MC fine. However, I do seem to remember testing this with Arcsoft TotalMediaTheater sometime last year and it seemed to work fine.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 12:55:36 pm »

Thanks for the help, but I still can't get it to work.  Arcsoft plays from the disc drive and ripped, no problem.  MC plays ripped discs fine, but won't play discs inserted into the drive.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 01:45:57 pm »

DVDFab removes Blu-Ray copy protection which is probably why they play fine in MC. When you insert a Blu-Ray disk the copy protection is still present and you need a piece of software that can remove the protection on the fly, e.g. AnyDVD or similar.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 01:50:33 pm »

So MC cannot use the Arcsoft video player?

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2013, 02:00:04 pm »

Hmm, I used to have MC start PowerDVD in the old days before MC could play unencrypted Blu-Ray. Scripting may be able to launch Arcsoft on inserting a disc, but I couldn't tell you how.

MC cannot use parts of Arcsoft internally to get the disc playing in MC, if that is what you mean. You can launch Arcsoft as an external app by adding it to Theater View, but I am not sure if that is what you are looking for.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 02:26:59 pm »

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75817.0 : for HD based content. with physical discs it will not bring much. Using a media center launching an invite to insert the disc is anyway something which would make little sense...but that's just me.

Works perfectly with TMT5 - TMT6 still has bugs when closing the application...

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 04:08:48 pm »

So MC cannot use the Arcsoft video player?
Yes it can using the method I described earlier. However, you will be playing the disc with the Arcsoft player and not with the internal player in MC. Effectively you will be using MC as a front end to launch Arcsoft TMT.

MC will play Bluray content that has already been decrypted. This can be either by using software like DVDFab to copy the content but with the encryption removed or on the fly with software like AnyDVD which will decrypt the content as it is played from the original disc. MC does not have any decryption capability in itself because that would require licensing which would be very expensive.

Paul W

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 04:42:51 pm »

AnyDVD did the trick.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up