INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 Starting View - Doesn't Save Last View?  (Read 1310 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
MC18 Starting View - Doesn't Save Last View?
« on: January 13, 2013, 02:33:59 pm »

So as I get used to MC it seems like I take 2 steps forward and 1 step back. I had customized the panes how I liked it and locked the view but when I restart MC it isn't saved. Is there a way to save the view so that when I open the program it is set up the way I like it or do I need to do this every time? I thought locking the views would accomplish this but obviously not.

Thanks

rec head

Re: MC18 Starting View - Doesn't Save Last View?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 04:59:01 pm »

I'm bumping this because I can't believe that MC doesn't save the last layout/view. I must be missing something.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »

Did you set Options > Startup to use 'Last location'?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 05:18:24 pm »

im not sure what the problem is. i change a lot of views and layouts, never lock them (where do i do that). and for 98% of the views it sticks as i want too. the other 2% are views i did not make to start with like recently imported. they wont stick.

so let me tell you shortly how i make a view.. i right click on audio and choose add library view, and choose the empty view.
then i go to 'set rules for files display'. to check if i get the files i want. add things to the show categories in this order, and how i want to see them. change the collumns in file view if i need to (always). maybe change the thumbnal texts.

its powerfull actually, but because of that maybe confusing. give one example from what you want too accomplish. when you get that. you will be enroute for a while.. :)

:)
gab

edit: or what matt said, but then i misread youre post :)

rec head

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 07:36:27 pm »

Did you set Options > Startup to use 'Last location'?

Thanks, this worked. I saw this option when I was setting up and thought it would Startup to the last track being played.

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 09:50:21 am »

It would be great if MC would save the view scheme between uses... even if all tracks were removed from the view.

Example.  Recently Imported.... I import track and must manually choose the view.  I then remove all tracks from that view.    The next time I import, I must select the view scheme again as it returns to the default.

rec head

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 07:14:04 am »

Here's an update to my situation - Last night when I switched from theater view to normal while playing video the Now Playing video went into my locked view.

Here is how I like it set up: 2 panes. Left Pane = (locked) 2 tabs one tab shows my flac library and the other tab shows all my music. Right Pane = the active pane that shows whatever I click on.

I want the left side to always remain showing those libraries. As I said above I followed the directions to save the view when I reopen the program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up