INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: album artist (auto) - doesn't auto update when artist tag changed?  (Read 1287 times)

milehigh

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...

Hi,

I was editing some tags in MC18 - and I noticed that when I change or update the ARTIST tag that the ALBUM ARTIST (AUTO) tag doesn't appear to update.  I tried to update library from tags and that didn't change it, I did the reverse - no change, I re-imported the folder - no change.  It seems to me that this filed should update automatically at some point or by some trigger - (hence the name - auto).  I also noticed that the Album Artist tag did not update either but since that is a manual field that is expected.

Is there anyway to automatically reconcile - at least the ARTIST and the ALBUM ARTIST (AUTO) columns?  I would like these to match (with the excetion of various artist albums).  I can if I want- I can copy the album artist (auto) to the manual album artist column if needed.

Hopefully this makes sense.

The reason I was even looking at this is I noticed that I had artists that had incorrect spelling or wrong case (i.e. - Sammy Davis Jr vs Sammy Davis, Jr.) - but when I corrected the artist it still stayed the same in the album artist (auto) column.

As to why I want this to update - is for sorting purposes in Gismo, etc - as I find that album artist auto is a better column to sort by for these views.

If this can't be done automatically - any suggestion on how to reconcile and correct these with a smartlist or some type of expression - if album artist (auto) is not various and album artist (auto) <> artist - copy artist to album artist (auto).

Thanks in advance.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: album artist (auto) - doesn't auto update when artist tag changed?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 11:48:08 pm »

Fill in the Artist tag.
CLEAR the Album Artist tag.
If all Artist tags match, then Album Artist (auto) will update to match.
If the Artist tags are different for the album, the Album Artist (auto) field will say something like "multiple artists".
Pages: [1]   Go Up