INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Not Import any MKV Files  (Read 798 times)

Shivan

Can Not Import any MKV Files
« on: January 05, 2013, 03:38:25 pm »

I just purchased MC18 and I have imported my files but no MKV files show up in the library. A majority of my movies are in MKV format. I have to assume I am doing something wrong, but after an hour of trying, I still show no MKV files in the library. Can anyone give me some direction on how to import them? Thanks

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can Not Import any MKV Files
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:13:21 pm »

Did you go to Tools>Options>File Types and check to see if the MKV file type is selected (something like "associate file type = Yes")?

Shivan

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 04:40:18 pm »

yes. Originally it was maked NO. I changed to yes automatic and no good. I changed to yes, external program (default) and no good.

I did not give alot of details, so let me fill in a few.

I am running on Server 2012. I have VLC installed and it runs the MKV files with no problem. If I try to run MKV with MC18 (latest release) is says not supported for playback. That would be OK, if I could get the files into my library.

Shivan

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 04:51:36 pm »

I am just looking at the file list in my library and the only video types being imported are .mp4 and .m4v. No avi or MKV.

It has to be something I am doing. I can't believe this program doesn't support avi or mkv files.

gappie

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 04:53:20 pm »

im using mkv and they get imported and played, but mkv is only a container. in the past there was a problem where some files including mkv got imported, but as documents. you could try to check that.

:)
gab

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »

AVI and MKV are supported.

Some times video files can be imported as data files.  Can you find them under Documents?  If you find them there, just change the Media Type to Video.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up