INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art From Recorded TV  (Read 1327 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Cover Art From Recorded TV
« on: January 03, 2013, 07:29:17 pm »

This quote was taken from the now locked 18.0.100 thread:

Recorded TV files no longer have a cover art image associated.  This happened automatically up to 18.0.95.  I didn't install 96 to 99 so I don't know when this problem was introduced.

I hope everyone has had a great Christmas.

Nick.

Had you been getting actual cover art for recorded TV, or just screen shots? I have never had cover art automatically appear. Does anybody get automatic cover art from recorded TV?

Thanks.
Rod

Grenache

• World Citizen
Re: Cover Art From Recorded TV
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:22:53 am »

Does anybody get automatic cover art from recorded TV?

Not me. But it sure would be nice...

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:15 pm »

Yes I'm in the uk and quite often get cover art for recorded tv automatically selected

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 12:47:33 pm »

Yes I'm in the uk and quite often get cover art for recorded tv automatically selected

Is it actual cover art similar to that which you get for ripped DVD's or BluRays? What I almost always get is a 'Screen Grab'. It's just like a snapshot of the screen at some moment very early in the program.

Thanks,
Rod

NickF

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 04:28:39 am »

This quote was taken from the now locked 18.0.100 thread:

Had you been getting actual cover art for recorded TV, or just screen shots? I have never had cover art automatically appear. Does anybody get automatic cover art from recorded TV?

Thanks.
Rod

No, it was screen shot thumbnails for the individual files.  Sorry if I misled you!  I notice that recordings of Series are being properly tagged with the Series name now and a Series Cover Art is being automatically associated.  In order to get proper episode art, you need to have the Series, Season and Episode fields populated.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 11:35:11 am »

No, it was screen shot thumbnails for the individual files.  Sorry if I misled you!  I notice that recordings of Series are being properly tagged with the Series name now and a Series Cover Art is being automatically associated.  In order to get proper episode art, you need to have the Series, Season and Episode fields populated.

Nick.

Thanks Nick.  We haven't recorded any series in the last few weeks, but will do soon so we can check this out.

In looking at some of our MC18 recorded TV Series I find most do not have Episode or Season Fields populated. They don't have any kind of cover art, but for some reason do have show descriptions. Wonder why MC can get the latter but not the former? From different sources perhaps?

So I wonder why those fields are not being populated? I am looking at popular shows like Frasier and Mash.

Up until recently we recorded in SageTV and then imported the files. Doing it that way we got cover art and episode information displayed for most Shows. Carnac picked up the required information from the Sage File Naming and did its proper thing. That also included determining which recordings were movies. It set Media Sub Type as Movie. It would sure be a huge improvement if it could do the same thing for its own TV Recordings!

Cheers,
Rod

NickF

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 01:08:49 pm »

I see the Series cover art for recorded TV when searching in Theater View.  This has been collected automatically.

The lookup of cover art for season and episode from TVDB requires series name, season and episode numbers.  These would need to be in the EPG data, or maybe embedded in the transmitted media.  Series name definitely is.  Maybe Yaobing can help here.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 01:41:31 pm »

I see the Series cover art for recorded TV when searching in Theater View.  This has been collected automatically.

The lookup of cover art for season and episode from TVDB requires series name, season and episode numbers.  These would need to be in the EPG data, or maybe embedded in the transmitted media.  Series name definitely is.  Maybe Yaobing can help here.

Nick.

I wonder what the difference is between how Sage does this and JRiver? Sage always puts a multi-digit number in the filename and Carnac picks up what it needs from that when I import the Sage recordings. I use the same EPG (as far as I know) with Sage and MC.

I agree, it would be great if someone from JRiver could help us here.

Cheers,
Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up