INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default DSP Studio settings for videos  (Read 1856 times)

Ardemus

• Recent member
Default DSP Studio settings for videos
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:38:09 am »

I often like to run YouTube videos at ~124% of the normal playback speed.  The DSP Studio Tempo feature does the trick. However Media Center clears the Temp & Pitch check box (disabling the effect) each time I start a new video.  Is there a way to toggle it globally, or even better, to assign a DSP Studio configuration to media that matches certain criteria?  For example, perhaps I can configure DSP studio for everything with a certain file type, or in a certain playlist or folder.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Default DSP Studio settings for videos
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 03:38:23 pm »

I wonder too why the Tempo & Pitch status is not preserved and gets disabled every time a new file is played (very inconvenient if you play several files which need the same alteration) - it does not make any sense as the other DSP plugins seem (logically) not to behave like that.

Is this intentional? If yes - why? (please make it optional then)

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:46:44 pm »

Can you not make a zone just for You-Tube playback keeping the settings you want?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 04:05:24 pm »

I think if you have VideoClock turned on in a Zone then this will turn off Tempo and Pitch after being used. VideoClock uses Tempo to adjust the audio to match the video.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 04:17:56 pm »

I am not using Zones (and in my case it's not about YouTube at all) - I simply expect DSP Studio to preserve the settings I make.

Video Clock is not enabled.

Ardemus

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 05:31:36 pm »

I think if you have VideoClock turned on in a Zone then this will turn off Tempo and Pitch after being used. VideoClock uses Tempo to adjust the audio to match the video.

I'm not using VideoClock either.  In fact Tempo and Pitch wont work at all if VideoClock is on:

Sounds like you have "Video Clock" switched on under "General Video Settings". That overrides the tempo / speed adjustments. Just switch Video Clock off and you'll see the tempo adjustments work as expected.

Excellent, thank you.  I did turn that on, and turning it off did fix the problem.

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 11:31:58 am »

Matt? Jim?

Ardemus

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 02:04:02 pm »

Can you not make a zone just for You-Tube playback keeping the settings you want?

Changes to Tempo do not stick (they are turned off at the start of each video). Are you suggesting that creating a new zone could change that?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 03:25:36 pm »

Playing a video will turn off Tempo & Pitch.  Sorry, but there's currently no way around this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 04:24:49 pm »

Playing a video will turn off Tempo & Pitch.  Sorry, but there's currently no way around this.
But I still don't get it why MC does that? I mean when playing video, Tempo & Pitch can be activated and it works as expected e.g. it modulates the video playback the way it's set in DSP Studio - it is only after playback of a video file is finished, when MC disables Tempo & Pitch.
Again - why?
Pages: [1]   Go Up