INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanently Disable Seq Column in Playlist Views?  (Read 1586 times)

elpaolo

• World Citizen
Permanently Disable Seq Column in Playlist Views?
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:28:03 pm »

Is there any way to permanently disable the Seq column in a playlist view? I rarely care about the numbering, and it's simply clogging up the screen real estate.

Here's what I've tried (and failed at) so far:

(a) Disabling Seq with a right click / drop-down, then saving to a new view.
(b) Moving the seq column to the far right (just to get it out of the way), then saving to a new view.

Every time I try something and come back to the playlist from another view, it's right back where it started--on the left-hand side.

Any ideas??

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Permanently Disable Seq Column in Playlist Views?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:40:55 pm »

Playlists always re-insert the Seq(uence) column as far as I've been able to determine.

You can work around it by creating a Playlist Group, and inserting your Playlist under that.  Then, select the Playlist Group instead of the Playlist.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 02:09:08 pm »

Playlists always re-insert the Seq(uence) column as far as I've been able to determine.

You can work around it by creating a Playlist Group, and inserting your Playlist under that.  Then, select the Playlist Group instead of the Playlist.

So I'd need to create a 'Playlist Group' for each album?
Can this be done automatically for all the albums in my library?

I have had issues at times where Sequence Numbers would be assigned to tracks in Albums added to Playing Now or the Burn Cue which were not in the proper Track Number order (in spite of having selected the properly sorted album and used 'Send To') thus causing out of sequence play or burn/playback.
Unfortunately I cannot isolate this to a specific build or album since it is sporatic and rare but has happened a number of times in MC17 and MC18.
. . . the game is rigged

MrC

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 02:28:05 pm »

So I'd need to create a 'Playlist Group' for each album?
Can this be done automatically for all the albums in my library?

I'm not sure how may playlists you have.  Some folks seem to like to create one per album (and I'm not sure why).   If that's the case for you, this is the only workaround I know about.  Others create playlists for other reasons, and typically have fewer.

I have had issues at times where Sequence Numbers would be assigned to tracks in Albums added to Playing Now or the Burn Cue which were not in the proper Track Number order (in spite of having selected the properly sorted album and used 'Send To') thus causing out of sequence play or burn/playback.
Unfortunately I cannot isolate this to a specific build or album since it is sporatic and rare but has happened a number of times in MC17 and MC18.

This might be cause by inconsistent use of Disc # and the Default sort order preset for the view.

MrC

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 02:32:22 pm »

Since you have a lot of playlists, if they are all under a single Playlist Group, you can create your own Playlists view, that includes the playlist group as a panes column.  Then, you can select the playlist of interest and see the results like any other view.  You can customize the file list presentation as you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up