INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HDHomeRun SiliconDust  (Read 10322 times)

Denver

HDHomeRun SiliconDust
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:28:16 pm »

Update --- I could not get the media center to find any of the cable card channels.  The program found other channels.

Can someone confirm that JRiver does not suppot cable cards?  If this is true, this makes the application not worth the 50 dollars.

I cannot get the JRiver Media center to find any channels.

OS = Windows 7 64 bit.  WMC finds all of the channels without any issues.
I've tried several suggestions that I've seen on this board.

1. Ran programs as Administrator.
2. Turn off the firewall.
3. Allow inbound/outbound to both applications.
4. Set the the homerun application to ATSC/QAM.
5. Rescanned and refreshed the applications.
6. Rebooted.

Silicondust installs its application to ProgramFiles, this is also where WMC is located.  JRiver puts it application into X86 folder?  
I'm guessing 1 application is putting its files where the other application is not looking.  

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
Re: Re: HDHomeRun SiliconDust
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:04:03 am »

A friend of mine has run JRiver MC 18 with the HD HomeRun PRIME on Cox cable.  He says it works.  It works for him as Cox does not set the copy once bit.  If your provider sets the copy once bit then you may not be able to record shows.

Also, make sure you are at least running the 04052012 drivers.  They also have beta drivers dated 122612beta1 and from the logs, there are a lot of corrections in for the prime so you may want to try that, but it is a one way trip (can't downgrade).
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

iwayman1001

Re: HDHomeRun SiliconDust
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:56:48 am »

I got the same problem with HDHomeRun DUAL (no cable card). JRiver MC 18.0.106 sees both HDHomeRun's tuners but scans zero channels. I reinstalled HDHomeRun software using the latest 20130104beta1 version (I'm running Win8 Pro) and let HDHomeRun Configuration program rescans all my channels. I tested it by watching all the channels via HDHomeRun Quick_TV program. Everything works. I then change the HDHomerun Configuration's Application tab to JRiver MC. Now, I do the following:

1) Start JRiver MC
2) Select "Drive & Devices" ==> Television
3) Click TV Options...==> Scan For Channels
4) Pick Scan for digital channels, Next
5) Select "ATSC" (not QAM) and Options ===> Device HDHomerun Tuner
6) Next.

This time JMC sees all the channels that were scan in HDHomeRun configuration program.

you have to go back to HDHomerun configuration and remap all the channels according to changes from JMC (based on EPG guide JMC pickup-ed from your cable providers) in order to see all programming for each channels in JMC's TV.

I hope this help and good luck. I can even watch all my TV via Internet via JMC's Library Server at home.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Re: HDHomeRun SiliconDust
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 12:13:48 pm »

A friend of mine has run JRiver MC 18 with the HD HomeRun PRIME on Cox cable.  He says it works.  It works for him as Cox does set the copy once bit.  If your provider says they copy once then you may not be able to record shows.

Also, make sure you are at least running the 04052012 drivers.  They also have beta drivers dated 122612beta1 and from the logs, there are a lot of corrections in for the prime so you may want to try that, but it is a one way trip (can't downgrade).

This is good to hear.  CableCARD is not yet officially supported in MC.  However, if it works for one person, it may work for another  :)
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

DwestSeattle

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35:34 pm »

1) Start JRiver MC
2) Select "Drive & Devices" ==> Television
3) Click TV Options...==> Scan For Channels
4) Pick Scan for digital channels, Next
5) Select "ATSC" (not QAM) and Options ===> Device HDHomerun Tuner
6) Next.

This time JMC sees all the channels that were scan in HDHomeRun configuration program.

you have to go back to HDHomerun configuration and remap all the channels according to changes from JMC (based on EPG guide JMC pickup-ed from your cable providers) in order to see all programming for each channels in JMC's TV.

OMG!  I will have to try this.  It has been gnawing at me for months that there are channels being delivered to me that the SD HDHR can see in QuickTV, but MC wasn't picking up.  Discovery channel here I come.

DwestSeattle

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 12:59:13 pm »

So I tried iwayman 1001's suggestion, and it did work, with one caveat.

I was able to tune in more channels to MC, and I was able to find all the main channels I watched before + several more.

However there are two channels which, tuned to the ATSC channel number, broadcast at lower resolution than the QAM channels I have tuned.  1080i or 720p vs. 480i.

There is no setting in the HDHR setup software that allows MC to tune the original QAM stations I had tuned in AND the new ATSC stations that I've added.  You have to go back into the HDHR software, change the setting between J River and Other:ATSC/QAM i order to tune in the two different sets of stationsl.

So it seams the tradeoff is: More channels and watching survivor in Standard Def 480i? (potentially can stream survivor off of Xfinitiy online or CBS website) or fewer channels and get CBS in HD.

This could just be a local Seattle thing though.

j30sailor

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 07:57:14 am »

Silicondust just released drivers that support the prime  being a DLNA Live TV Digital Media Server (DMS).  This is part of their new Project:connect.
Key Features according to their announcement.
Key Features:
    Serve live content to MPEG2 capable DLNA/UPnP renders.
    Serve live copy-protected content to DTCP-IP certified renders.
They also announced new cablecard tuners that will support MPEG4, to be released in the March-April time frame.

If MC becomes a DTCP-IP certified render we would have protected content.  Then the questions would be the quality of the EBG guide and user interface.

codpiece

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 11:24:48 am »

I just tried this.  MC sees the HDHomeRun DMS and I go to load the library and get an error saying to make sure the server supports search.

Any ideas if this can work now or do we need an update?
Pages: [1]   Go Up