INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loopback - is there any way to manually sync audio/video?  (Read 961 times)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Loopback - is there any way to manually sync audio/video?
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:50:55 pm »

I am really happy with how the new loopback works. As long as I am not using convolution, playback is as smooth as playing my local audio contents.

Now I would also try and use this feature for net streaming video services (Netflix, HBO, web-tv etc). So far I have had no luck in the sync department, though.

The only way I have found so far to reduce audio lag is to reduce the buffer on my DAC. It is usually 1024 samples, and it is possible to reduce it to 32 (equals 0.33ms @ 96kHz sample rate). But there obviously other latencies in my system which I cannot control, so the only way I could think of was to use that excellent Tools-Options-Video-Advanced A/V sync feature.

It seems not to have any effect. Is the feature disabled when MC is playing audio via loopback?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Loopback - is there any way to manually sync audio/video?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 06:23:02 pm »

I am really happy with how the new loopback works. As long as I am not using convolution, playback is as smooth as playing my local audio contents.

Now I would also try and use this feature for net streaming video services (Netflix, HBO, web-tv etc). So far I have had no luck in the sync department, though.

The only way I have found so far to reduce audio lag is to reduce the buffer on my DAC. It is usually 1024 samples, and it is possible to reduce it to 32 (equals 0.33ms @ 96kHz sample rate). But there obviously other latencies in my system which I cannot control, so the only way I could think of was to use that excellent Tools-Options-Video-Advanced A/V sync feature.

There's no way to perfectly account for latency, but you can minimize it by reducing buffering in Options > Audio > Output mode settings.

It seems not to have any effect. Is the feature disabled when MC is playing audio via loopback?

That option is only relevant if MC is playing video.  That's why it's in Options > Video.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Trumpetguy

Re: Loopback - is there any way to manually sync audio/video?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:47:47 am »

There's no way to perfectly account for latency, but you can minimize it by reducing buffering in Options > Audio > Output mode settings.

Ok, that is what I did. Reduced ASIO buffer to 0.03s and sound card buffer to a minimum. Audio sounds good with no pops and clicks, so it is a solution to live with.

That option is only relevant if MC is playing video.  That's why it's in Options > Video.

Ok, thanks for verifying that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up