INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Embedded art and Folder.jpg  (Read 859 times)

slikvik

• World Citizen
Embedded art and Folder.jpg
« on: January 05, 2013, 08:17:41 am »

Hi

I'm trying to get all my music to have embedded cover art as well as a folder.jpg for each album folder.

Under options I have "Audio Mode: In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)" and "Also store image in the file's tag".

Unfortunately I seem to get weird or inconsistent behavior. I've setup a pane with Image File so I can see what they're set to.

364 Albums show as "Inside File" but when I do a search for folder.jpg in Exlporer I only have 253 files. I've selected all the songs in MC and selected "Save cover art to external location..." it runs through but still doesn't seem to be creating all the folder.jpgs.

All I want is to make sure all my songs have embedded and a Folder.jpg.

Am I missing something?

Also is there a way in MC to see the Folder.jpg count rather than doing a search in explorer so I can compare with the albums set to "Inside File"? It also means I have no way of knowing what albums DON'T have a folder.jpg so I can selectively "Save cover art to external location.."

Thanks

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Embedded art and Folder.jpg
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 01:45:00 pm »

I use this smartlist to test if each music album folder has a folder.jpg:
[Media Type]=[Audio] [=ismissing([Filename (path)]\folder.jpg)]=1 ~nodup=[Year /- Album /(Album Artist/)]

I use this smartilst to check if any of my mp3 files does not have embedded cover art:
[File Type]=[mp3] -[Image File]=[Inside File] ~sort=[Album],[Artist],[Media Type],[Album Artist (auto)],[Disc #],[Track #],[Name]

I also have a smartlist to check if all audio files of what MC considers an album is in the same folder, but it requires a custom field. Let me know if you need that as well.

I do not really trust the file count of a Windows Explorer search.

(Do Edit smartlist and then Import / Export to paste the expressions provided.)

slikvik

• World Citizen
Re: Embedded art and Folder.jpg
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:09:37 am »

Fantastic! I'll give them a go, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up