INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shower Remote - for NextAlbum PrevAlbum NextArtist PrevArtist  (Read 2218 times)

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
Shower Remote - for NextAlbum PrevAlbum NextArtist PrevArtist
« on: January 08, 2013, 06:01:08 pm »

I'm ready for the new MC18.exe commands... in the next build !!!!  Thanks again Matt for adding these new MC18.exe commands.  

/command nextAlbum
/command previousAlbum
/command nextArtist
/command previousArtist

This the X10 remote control that's affixed to the wall/tile in my MBR shower (in a waterproof case).  For MediaCenter commands, it sends RF signals to a receiver in my hall closet, which then sends X10 powerline signals to my HomeVision home automation board.. which signals it to send IR commands to my PC IRMan receiver which signals Girder to execute the MC18.exe commands.  I have other learning RF/IR remotes all over the house...

PauseToggle         Rating1
Rating2         Rating3
Rating4         Rating5
PowerOff         PowerOn
PreviousTrack         NextTrack
PreviousAlbum         NextAlbum
PreviousArtist         NextArtist
LightsOff         LightsOn

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Shower Remote - for NextAlbum PrevAlbum NextArtist PrevArtist
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 10:53:22 pm »

Did you ever see the Seinfeld where Kramer decides he's going to spend all his time in the shower?  He puts in a garbage disposal so he can cook in there.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 11:15:31 pm »

I recently snapped up several X10 VCR Commander/motion detector combos on clearance at $5 a pop. These come with a motion detector (normally $15 each) which sends an X10 RF signal to the VCR commander unit (normally ~$20) to send a learned IR signal, and then another learned signal a preprogrammed time later. The idea was originally to start a VCR recording a camera input if motion were detected outside. Nowadays they use it to turn on the TV to give the impression someone's home. My intended use was for other reasons to create macros to turn on IR gear in response to X10 signals that were sent via HTTP commands using my iPhone/iPad/PC/Android tablet. I also wanted to get the motion detectors anyway, so these combos were a real bargain.
I've since decided to go with iRule and this thing is awesome for home automation! I will eventually be controlling MC with it. I've managed to get navigation controls working, but not playback controls. I will start another thread detailing my progress as it becomes more complete.

The combos I got would theoretically allow MC to start playing automatically anytime you stepped into your bathroom/shower, and continue to play until you left!

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:20:14 am »

Did you ever see the Seinfeld where Kramer decides he's going to spend all his time in the shower?  He puts in a garbage disposal so he can cook in there.

Yes it was a great episode!  But no... I only have the shower remote....

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:23:02 am »

The combos I got would theoretically allow MC to start playing automatically anytime you stepped into your bathroom/shower, and continue to play until you left!

Being retired.... I usually have MediaCenter playing from when I wake up till early evening.  I start the music from my masterbedrrom remote long before I get to the shower.  But once in the shower... I still gotta be able to rate tracks and skip stuff...

I just discovered the MCWS webservices.... that opens up the door to lots more automation...

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »

I just discovered the MCWS webservices.... that opens up the door to lots more automation...

Very cool! I think I've had good success using web services to control all my X10 stuff. I will try using it for MC too in iRule.
Pages: [1]   Go Up