INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Move tree/sub menu items to highest level  (Read 1123 times)

firedog

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature Request: Move tree/sub menu items to highest level
« on: January 11, 2013, 05:08:09 am »

I'd like the ability to move a tree/menu item to the "home" display level of the menu tree: For instance, if I have a specific smartlist that I frequently open when I start J River, I'd like it to be displayed in the top level of the menu tree so I don't have to drill down to open it.

Is it possible to setup the program so the tree has this level of flexibility?

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature Request: Move tree/sub menu items to highest level
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:20 am »

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but you could add the toolbar button 'Navigation' and create favorites.

You can also control the startup view to some degree in Options > Startup.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
Navigation toolbar button overhaul?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 03:21:53 am »

Matt,

Have you thought about giving this tool a bit of an overhaul? It's long overdue one you know!

I love the navigation toolbar, but the manager is nigh on impossible to work with. I'm thinking things like...

Scroll down the list, select an entry, press the "move up" button, and be frustrated as the list bounces to the top with each button press. Guess a few times, scroll down to see how you did, count how many presses you went too far, press the move down button that many times, scroll down to check you have it in the right place now!

Support nesting or second level menus in the list to help us group them by media type or tree location or whatever we want.

Track the entries. If I add a view to favourites, then alter its name in the tree, favourites does not keep up with the alteration and that shortcut is now broken. As the manager does not allow us to edit the path, it must be deleted, then a new one added, and shuffled into place using the up/down guessing game mentioned earlier.

The manager window is not resizeable.

Think that's it... anyone else?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Navigation toolbar button overhaul?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 09:05:44 am »

Scroll down the list, select an entry, press the "move up" button, and be frustrated as the list bounces to the top with each button press. Guess a few times, scroll down to see how you did, count how many presses you went too far, press the move down button that many times, scroll down to check you have it in the right place now!

If it helps, you can drag-n-drop to reorder.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

firedog

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 01:58:48 pm »

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but you could add the toolbar button 'Navigation' and create favorites.

You can also control the startup view to some degree in Options > Startup.

Thanks. That helped.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 02:25:02 pm »

I'm still learning about the GUI of MC18, so I am not sure if this is the same issue, but I would like to be able to have quick access to very specific things.   In other words, similar to the way that a Desktop Icon can open Word with a specific document, or Firefox with a specific web page.

For example, I would like to be able to open a specific Internet Radio station without going to Audio, then Connected Media, then My Connected Media, then the station.

If this "shortcut" was on the left on the same level as Playing Now, Audio, Video, etc, that would take care of it.  It sounds like this is what the OP was asking about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up