INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD writer not detected in recent builds  (Read 745 times)

Poison Dan

• Junior Woodchuck
CD writer not detected in recent builds
« on: April 11, 2002, 12:32:44 pm »

My CD writer (Plextor PX-W2410A) is not detected in recent builds of MJ8 (both in Windows 2000 and Windows XP). I don't know in which build the problem started, but it definately worked in 217, and it definately didn't work in 239 and later.

I just verified this on a freshly installed, clean Windows 2000 installation. These were my steps:
No ASPI present initially.
Install build 247.
Detect writer in MJ8, doesn't work, MJ8 asks to download and install ASPI. I answer yes, ASPI is downloaded and installed (Adaptec, version 4.7). Reboot.
Try to detect again. Doesn't work (can't unselect generic driver and 2 second gap).
Replace wnaspi32.dll from Adaptec with wnaspi32.dll from Ahead (version 2.0.1.45)
Try to detect again. Still doesn't work.
Uninstall build 247, install build 217 I still had lying around.
Try to detect again, and tada... it works!

So, does anybody have a solution ? Or is this a known problem that will be fixed in a future build ?

TIA.

Poison Dan

RE:CD writer not detected in recent builds
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2002, 11:43:04 pm »

Thanks a lot for all your helpful suggestions. Much appreciated. * cough *

Seriously, AFAIK the Plextor PX-W2410A is a pretty popular burner, so it's hard for me to imagine to nobody of you owns this drive.

If anybody of you has this drive, please let me know if it's working properly or not, and if you've done anything special to make it work.

I can't stress this part enough: the most frustrating part of it is that it worked fine in older builds !

Also, can anybody of J River confirm if the CD-ROM/CD-R code in MJ8 is final, or if there is still work being done to fix known problems ? I'm asking this because I also have problems ripping with my AOpen DVD-ROM drive AND with playing audio CDs on my Plextor burner. If you are still working on this, I will wait. But if you're not, I'll post a new thread with these problems.

FRSG

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2002, 07:39:31 am »

Hi

I´m having the same problem with the 2000 and the XP too, my CDR are Plextor W4010A and W1610, i tried install and uninstall MJ8 and some ASPI drivers.
In my old MJ7 the things worked fine.

Is there any solution ?

regards,
FR

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2002, 11:19:51 am »

We've got a Plextor PX-W2410A here (it's on Matt's machine) and so far it's been working fine with Media Jukebox (latest builds) on WinXP. I also tried it on Win98 without problems. Don't worry, we're still working on ironing out any cd issues that remain. Why don't you email me at johnt@jriver.com and I'll send you a diagnostic program.

John T.
JRiver, Inc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up