INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pasting cover art from clipboard often doesn't work properly  (Read 999 times)

LedZep

• Recent member
Pasting cover art from clipboard often doesn't work properly
« on: March 03, 2013, 11:18:39 am »

I guess this is not just just related to MC18 - have these problems since MC 15 or 16.
Sometimes eyerything works fine and as expected when I paste cover artwork to all songs of an album.
But very often only a few songs are updated and the rest of the songs stick with the "old" or no cover.
Sometimes re-doing the paste-process does the trick, but more often I have to apply the new cover to the files one by one manually. And then so, always do the pasting for every song twice.
So it's a lot of clicking, sometimes missing a few files, especially if I apply the same cover, just in a different size.
It would be very nice if this could be done automaticly in the correct way.

I always store the image file in the tags.
I usually have my jpegs in a 500 x 500 size (stored in my CATraxx-database)
I couldn't make any correlation between image source and the behaviour in MC - and this is also not restricted to specific hardware. Same on my old PC as on the new one and the laptop.
So I guess some of you might suffer from the same issue.

Any counter action to be taken ?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Pasting cover art from clipboard often doesn't work properly
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 11:56:55 am »

I guess this is not just just related to MC18 - have these problems since MC 15 or 16.
Sometimes eyerything works fine and as expected when I paste cover artwork to all songs of an album.
But very often only a few songs are updated and the rest of the songs stick with the "old" or no cover.
Sometimes re-doing the paste-process does the trick, but more often I have to apply the new cover to the files one by one manually. And then so, always do the pasting for every song twice.
So it's a lot of clicking, sometimes missing a few files, especially if I apply the same cover, just in a different size.
It would be very nice if this could be done automaticly in the correct way.

I always store the image file in the tags.
I usually have my jpegs in a 500 x 500 size (stored in my CATraxx-database)
I couldn't make any correlation between image source and the behaviour in MC - and this is also not restricted to specific hardware. Same on my old PC as on the new one and the laptop.
So I guess some of you might suffer from the same issue.

Any counter action to be taken ?

I had a similar problem intermittently, but then I realized that cover art pasting sometimes doesn't work right if you do it while the files in question are playing (which makes sense, if it's currently reading the file, making tag changes might be hard).  Do you have this problem when none of the files you're trying to tag are currently playing?

LedZep

• Recent member
Re: Pasting cover art from clipboard often doesn't work properly
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 01:38:40 pm »

unfortunately it is not related to files which are currently "in use".
Every now and then I load a whole bunch of albums into MC and do the tagging without listening to music or doing something else.

All of the files are mp3 with ID 2.3 tags from various sources, some bought online, but most of them my own ripped CDs, converted from wav to mp3 by MC itself. Of course those don't have a cover image when "native".
Some images come through MCs search feature, but usually I prefer to use the covers I have searched for elsewhere or scanned myself and saved in a different database. When needed, I copy the image to the clipboard and use the paste feature which comes with MC.
Interestingly, I only have tagging issues with cover art images, never with changing other tags in a batch procedure.
And it should have nothing to do with image size, because (as mentioned above) I limit  the size to a maximum of 500 pixel in any dimension. So all of the images are about the same size, some even smaller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up