INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicated Songs when Importing Playlists!!!!  (Read 1861 times)

altsouza

• World Citizen
Duplicated Songs when Importing Playlists!!!!
« on: January 15, 2013, 02:51:47 pm »

Hi,

I am using a MC18 with my Synology DS413 NAS. I use the Synology's built in upnp (or dlna - i do not know)  NAS library. I use also jremote in my iphone.
When I sucessfully import a M3u Playlist into the MC18 (the m3u file is located in a folder into the DS413) the Playlist files became duplicated.
For example I import a Playlist containing Yes's Close to the Edge Album. When I search this album (in JRemote or in the PC) the Albun's tracks became duplicated.
Any help is wellcome.

Thanks

Antonio
Nuc > Cambridge Audio Cxn Streamer > Cambridge 851e Pré
Parasound A21 Amp > Nordost Cable > Kef R300 Speaker
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Duplicated Songs when Importing Playlists!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 02:59:51 pm »

This can occur when you have MC use both Windows drive paths and UNC paths (e.g. D:\.... and \\NasServer\...).  Use one or the other consistently.

You can filter on one path, and soft-delete (hit Delete key, leave default options) to remove from the MC library.

First check your auto-import settings to ensure you don't have both paths importing.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »

Hi MrC,
Thank you.
I appreciatte If could explain better.
What do i do in File location. I delete the audio path?
What are the Media network and client settings?
Thanks
Antonio
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

MrC

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 05:37:05 pm »

The File Location settings are for tracks you have MC create (ripped tracks, downloaded podcasts, etc.).  If you are going to create files with MC, then set these paths so that newly created files are added correctly into your music folder (obviously I'm discussing audio-only here).

In Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import, check the path(s) you have there.  They are probably Windows drive letter paths.

If you are going to use MC on other Windows systems, all pulling content from the NAS, then you'll want to at some point consider how you'll have each MC instance refer to the media files.  Otherwise, whether you use a Windows drive path, or UNC path is a matter of choice.  Many find it easiest to use Windows drive paths, and map the same drive letter on all Windows systems - this way MC can see and use the same paths on all systems.   M: is a good letter for Media (or for some, just for Music).

Go to the Audio > Files panes view, and examine the Filename column - those are the paths MC is currently using for the media files.  They link the entry in the MC library with the physical file itself.  You'll find these match your auto-import settings or files you've imported manually or indirectly via a playlist.

Now also examine the content of your playlist file (with an editor, such as Notepad).  Take note of the file paths there.

Consider how you'll be creating playlists - which software created the playlist, and how is it configured to reference paths (Windows drive or UNC).

The Media Network settings are for using one instance of MC as a server, and the others as clients.  You can then share your library to other systems.  Client settings control how the clients interact with the server.  See also: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 06:55:40 pm »

Hi,
 As i mentioned before i use a dlna server (synology).
I was examining the duplicated files:
One file is from dlna server (uuid.....)
The duplicated file is. \\ds413\music....

The problem is that i create the playlist with mediamonkey, and then export/import to Mc.
How to avoid duplication?

Another problem i noted is that i am losing the playlists. They are becaming empy, so i have to import it again every few days.

Let me know

Thanks

Antonio
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

MrC

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »

It seems like you're connecting MC to the DLNA library, rather than having MC import the files via UNC path.  Is there are reason you are working this way?

I'd suggest just use the default MC library, and point MC to the files based on the UNC path of \\ds413.  Then your playlists and MC files will be consistent, thus eliminating the duplication.

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 07:14:37 pm »

I like synology nas so much, that i tried their dlna server, and i feel it so fast that i keep this way.
I can import the files into the main libary as well.
I use jremote, and i have 70k files. Does the Mc main libary fast?
Thanks
Antonio
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

MrC

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 07:42:51 pm »

It is very, very fast.  Your 70k files won't make it break a sweat.  Use the direct method.  MC will be a far superior media server and controller.

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 06:29:58 am »

I will try. Thank you
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)
Pages: [1]   Go Up