INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art "Add from file" will not stick to the music files selected.  (Read 1214 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life

Re-ripping parts of my CDs, I also do a new scan of cover art. It works perfectly in 99 of 100 cases. But now, I have ripped a new CD, scanned its cover (twice) and tried using the "Add from file" function. No thumbnails appear, though. I have tried both remove and rebuild, no response. Even the "Get from internet" cover which I found, would appear only for a few seconds, until I clicked one of the songs to listen, then all the thumbnails (for that album) disappeared.
Any suggestions here?

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art "Add from file" will not stick to the music files selected.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:28:11 am »

Re-ripping parts of my CDs, I also do a new scan of cover art. It works perfectly in 99 of 100 cases. But now, I have ripped a new CD, scanned its cover (twice) and tried using the "Add from file" function. No thumbnails appear, though. I have tried both remove and rebuild, no response. Even the "Get from internet" cover which I found, would appear only for a few seconds, until I clicked one of the songs to listen, then all the thumbnails (for that album) disappeared.
Any suggestions here?

Hmm...not understanding what it is you are expecting to see when you choose "Add From File". In all my time of using this - Add from File opens a specific location on your hard disk and you are expected to choose a file and then click OK.

You seem to be clicking "Add from File" correctly and then appear to see nothing. Where (directory) exactly are you load your album art image from? Are you expecting MC to magically move you to some "thumbnail" location in order to choose a file? If so - that's not how this works.

Walk me thru the steps...if you have a sec.

VP

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:33:33 pm »

Sorry, I was a bit unclear here. I click "Add from file", which opens the folder, then I (double)click the jpg.file which - of course - shows the actual cover scan. Like I said, this should work, and does so, in 99.9% of the cases. But now it's happened to me twice that it doesn't, which means no thumbnail appears or connects to the music file/album.

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:41:22 pm »

Sorry, I was a bit unclear here. I click "Add from file", which opens the folder, then I (double)click the jpg.file which - off course - shows the actual cover scan. Like I said, this should work, and does so, in 99.9% of the cases. But now it's happened to me twice that it doesn't, which means no thumbnail appears or connects to the music file/album.

K - now I am clear. Yes - you are doing it correctly.

Next question - how exactly are you handling your cover art - embedded into each file (This is how I do it) or having a link between file and the coverart thumbnails? Let me know what's what there.

Also - if it's happening only twice - there may be a read-only attribute or some other reason that MC cannot either embed the image or make the linkage work. You may want to check the files that are giving you problems.

VP

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 08:34:55 am »

Sorry for this late reply. Yes, the image is embedded with each file.
I solved (?) the problem by deleting the scanned image files, and rebooting the PC. Re-scanned and tried again. One of more of these factors helped me solve it. I guess I should have tried some of this before posting here, though. :)
Thanks a lot. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up