INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cycling images shown in "Now Playing" in Theater View???  (Read 1731 times)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
Cycling images shown in "Now Playing" in Theater View???
« on: January 13, 2013, 04:03:57 am »

Just wondering where these seemingly random images come from, google images? We have quite a laugh sometimes when a random picture of some goofballs comes up that has nothing to do with the playing artist!
Bu seriously is there anyway to control these pics?

Jong

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cycling images shown in "Now Playing" in Theater View???
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 06:10:27 am »

Yes, we have the 2011 film Sleeping Beauty ("A haunting portrait of Lucy, a young university student drawn into a mysterious hidden world of unspoken desires.") in our collection and it is highly amusing when lots of images of the Disney cartoon appear!

It has never been high enough up my list to mention it, but it would be good if MC got these from a more authoritative source! At the moment I think it just does a Google (or equivalent) search.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 09:12:54 am »

You can disable Google search in Options. Options/Theater View. Click Theme under Apperance and select Online media slideshow. Untick Google.

Jong

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 09:28:35 am »

A more authoritative source would be better  ;)

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 02:40:12 pm »

A more authoritative source would be better  ;)

Not sure you could ever be certain about the content based purely on a text search. For eg Does it search for artist or title or both in gogle?

Jong

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 02:43:56 pm »

There are web sites that have libraries of artist/album/movie fanart.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 06:13:53 pm »

Last.fm seems to be a better choice from the picks available in MC today. Not selecting Google will make MC use Last.fm for music. For me it is very accurate with the few exceptions of very localized artists. TheTVDB and TheMovieDB already does a very desent job for Movies and Series if the naming convention is correct.

thezone

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 10:56:10 pm »

BTW I'm not complaining at all I think MC18 does fantastic job of all these (images, coverart etc). Its a no-brainer to use this over WMC. With WMC I had, to install codecs for flac file playing and intetgrate, TMT, media browser and media centre master to download coverart. MC 18 kills them all in one program!

Jong

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 03:06:27 am »

Last.fm seems to be a better choice from the picks available in MC today. Not selecting Google will make MC use Last.fm for music. For me it is very accurate with the few exceptions of very localized artists. TheTVDB and TheMovieDB already does a very desent job for Movies and Series if the naming convention is correct.
thank you tls62dk. You learn something new every day with this product! Still, with all those good sources I wonder why JRiver choose to throw Google on top by default ?

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 09:49:45 am »

thank you tls62dk. You learn something new every day with this product! Still, with all those good sources I wonder why JRiver choose to throw Google on top by default ?

For a lot of the classical music I listen to Google is the only one that returns images. Trouble is they are often not applicable.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up