INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Zone Switch as a menu item  (Read 772 times)

apostos

• World Citizen
Feature Request: Zone Switch as a menu item
« on: January 17, 2013, 12:17:34 am »

I run MC in Theater View Exclusively. I use a remote for navigation.

Would you folks consider adding a Zone switch/indicator to the bottom scroll menu in the ‘Playing Now’ window. I imagine something similar to the ‘Effect’ menu item (Images- Playing Now) where the currently selected menu item is underlined and the other available menu items are accessible via a remote (keyboard, etc.).

Something along the lines of …

Toggle Zone  Zone I  Zone II  Zone III

‘Toggle Zone’ would cycle the zones much as ctrl-t does now.  Selecting any of the other zones would provide access to that zone. The active/controlling zone would always be underlined.

A possible usage scenario …

While playing music in one zone and viewing a slideshow in another. A song comes on you really don’t want to hear at that time. To skip that particular track while still viewing the slide show you would select the zone music playback is in. The keys/controls for that zone would then be accessible. You skip to the next selection. Pressing ‘Exit/Esc’ would return control to the current ‘Playing Now’ window. In this example the image slideshow.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Feature Request: Zone Switch as a menu item
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »

+1 for the "current" zone indication in theater view.

Switching Zones under "Playing now" is already implemented. Besides its possible to map remote keys to dedicated zones.

Unfortunately navigation in the popup list menu via Remote up/down is not possible when entering the additional menu item via OK (e.g. player...) which becomes visible as soon as there's some media listed in the current zone. Navigating the popup list works with keyboard only.
Can somebody confirm this misbehaviour or am I doing something wrong?     [Win7 x64, MC 18.0.206]
Pages: [1]   Go Up