INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If I buy 7.2 now will I get a free upgrade to MJ8?  (Read 960 times)

gvag

If I buy 7.2 now will I get a free upgrade to MJ8?
« on: April 10, 2002, 05:42:49 pm »

The subject pretty well says it all.  I do have some questions about MJ8 tho, so here goes:

1) Will there be an option to turn visualizations off.

2) Where did the DSP control panel go to.

3) Tree List - where's the option to hide delete all those categories I never use.

4) Will we be able to turn off the Mega-Me skin.  If I want a different look for my system I'll use the Display/Appearance setting.

BTW, I like the Artist Info in Playing Now.  Any chance for an Album Info and an option to have links to Web pages open in their own window?  I hate having to ctrl-n everytime I link thru MJ.

Thanks

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:If I buy 7.2 now will I get a free upgrade to MJ8?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2002, 05:51:10 pm »

>> Will there be an option to turn visualizations off.
well there is, if you do not have it displayed it is off, or if you move the vis window to the top it is off
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2002, 05:15:10 am »

A 7.2 license will work with 8.0, but I suggest buying 8.0 instead.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

gvag

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2002, 12:52:03 pm »

KingSparta -

My CPU usage confirms that when the blind is up no light comes in.  But if I go to playing now Track Info I still get a vis, I don't want vis's period.

JimH -

I'll check out the new beta and decide which route to go.  A few beta blues are OK but too much crash 'n burn makes my stomach churn.

Thanks

Scronch

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2002, 12:57:33 pm »

gvag, what I think you're missing is this: JRiver has historically allowed a free upgrade to one version higher than you have purchased.  THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT WILL CONTINUE.  But, if it does, then buying 7 means you have to pay someday for 9.  Buying 8 gives you 9 for free, unless they change their policy.  You could keep using 7 and just wait for official release of 8, which should be very soon.

Scronch

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2002, 01:01:22 pm »

Track Info's technically ARE vis's now. So you can't have Track Info showing and NOT have vis running. Technically.

But while Visualizations consume 99% CPU fullscreen for me, Track Info only uses up about 25-27%. And a fully up Playing Now playlist only uses up 4-5%.
Pages: [1]   Go Up