INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can JRiver and Hauppauge WinTv coexist?  (Read 1543 times)

pcimon

• Recent member
Can JRiver and Hauppauge WinTv coexist?
« on: January 18, 2013, 03:23:56 am »

So I wanted to use my Hauppauge HD PVR and Colossus devices to record shows from 2 set-top-boxes like dual tuners basically I even have the second emitter for my MCE remote. From reading other posts I realized this would not work for 2 reasons:

1 - MC does not support sending different codes to the 2 IR emitters to change channels independently. It sends the same code to all emitters. Yaobing posted this was coming but no ETA.

2 - I don't see a way to match channels to  a second box from the same TV provider in the scan channel from set-top-box menu.

As a work around until the 2 issues above are resolved I was thinking using theHD PVR device to record everything except where I have conflicts. I would then temporarily use the software that came with the Hauppauge devices, Arcsoft WinTV, to record the shows that conflict with other shows on the Colossus, save them in a specific directory and import that directory in MC.
3 questions come to mind however:

1- will any part of the Arcsoft suite Decoder, encoders etc. conflict with MC?

2- will the format Arcsoft use be recognized by MC to import them?

3- will the Hauppauge IR blaster software WinTV uses and require to change channels on the second STB interfere with the MCE remote I use in MC?

pcimon

• Recent member
Re: Can JRiver and Hauppauge WinTv coexist?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »

Since I did not get any bites, I went ahead and tried it anyway (after backing up of course) and here are the answers to my questions:

1- There are no conflict that I could see. I can actually play live TV in both apps at the same time.
2- WinTV records in TS so no problems there. I'm still trying to get the file to have proper info so that it's easier to recognize when MC imports it.
3- No conflict at all.

This solution is not ideal but it will at least allow me to use both set-top-box until MC has the ability to control 2 or more STB. Hopefully that will be soon...
Pages: [1]   Go Up