INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Party mode - easy add/delete after played  (Read 986 times)

Noel

Party mode - easy add/delete after played
« on: April 10, 2002, 05:29:48 pm »

I am new to Media JB. So far I have been impressed with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but there does not seem to be a dynamic play list. Selection of songs is not simple enough for parties. Adding/deleting songs requires the user to select from menus. There needs to be a simple facility in party mode for:

1. Easily adding songs by simply highlighting the name on the list of all available songs and pressing enter. This should then add it to the dynamic play list. This would enable party selection by simply scrolling up or down the song list and hitting enter. Only 3 buttons to use - simple. This is how a commercial jukebox works.

2. Enabling an option for the auto deletion of songs from the dynamic play list after they have been played. This means the play list will only contain what is playing followed by what is going to be played.

3. Party mode should have 2 windows. One listing all the available songs and the other the dynamic play list.

If MJ cannot do this then maybe this could be achieved by manipluation of the play list file by an external program such as visual basic i.e. open the file and append/delete song entries.

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:Party mode - easy add/delete after played
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2002, 03:31:48 am »

Noel - #1 below is implemented. There is a double-click target that can be Playing Now (Add to end) so when you double click on a file in the Media Library view it gets added to the end of the Playing Now list.

#2 & 3 I can't help you with.
Namaste,
John

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2002, 10:01:26 am »

You could just turn Continous play off and that way it won't play it over and over.

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2002, 02:57:08 pm »

These are all good suggestions.
Party Mode at the moment is not all that suitable for parties.

It's excellent as it is, but it's not party mode, its just Database Protected Mode.
(An important mode which should be retained)

The auto delete thing is a great idea.
As mentioned above, think, "How does a juke box work?"
Answer - you can choose a song and add it to the list. - That's all.

Scronch

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2002, 06:09:12 pm »

#2 is a really good idea.  I've often wished I could set it to do that.  #3 would be nice, but not a big deal for me.

Sentryl

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2002, 06:16:06 pm »

Great Idea....

I asked for this (The Jukebox solution) several weeks ago, but got NO NO response.  Several other people liked the idea.  Yes, Party mode is really protect mode.  What we need is a skin that looks like a jukebox where you can select an item and it goes to the bottom of playing now.  Maybe even have the ability to click on an artist and see the web writeup for that artist as you can do now.  Just need a jukebox format.  What do you think, MJ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up