INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to turn off volume leveling in dlna advanced audio options?  (Read 2384 times)

glob

• Recent member

Context: Wav files are streaming from my pc to blu ray player.  But the sound is sub par (compared to the sound of playing a cd out of the same player.  The dlna audio option is convert unsupported options, and I am happy the audio is not being converted.  However, I'm suspicious about the advanced dlna audio options.  Volume levelling is checked on - and I cannot figure how to uncheck it.  I added a generic dlna profile and I could not turn off volume limiting either. Note: I'm sure if they are related, however, in the DSP playback menu volume limiting is turned off.

Questions:

1. how to turn off volume leveling in the dlna audio advanced options?

2. while on the topic, does anyone else find sound is inferior using MC networked to a player (e.g. blu ray player) compared with audio off a cd through the same player?  Perhaps the problem is a limitation of streaming??  I connect a dac (peachtree i.dac) to the blue ray player.  The pc-dlna-bluray-coax-dac sound is inferior to both bluray-coax-dac and pc-jriver-usb-dac. 

I'm using in a (wanna-be) audiophile set-up :)

Thanks!
Rob

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: how to turn off volume leveling in dlna advanced audio options?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 12:08:38 am »

Re: (1), set the Conversion option to Always Convert to activate the checkboxes.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

glob

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 03:24:27 am »

Thanks sooo much - worked a treat.  And no volume leveling sounds much better. 

I have not had time to critically compare dlna-blu ray-dac vs. cd-blu ray-dac , but from memory, it sounds very comparable.

:)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 02:31:30 pm »

An update on this since I just changed the logic here.
The advanced options are now used for always convert and convert when necessary.
This is because stereo downmix needs to be usable in case the renderer doesn't support multichannel audio.
Never convert never applies the advanced options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up