INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Hd audio DTS-MA  (Read 2155 times)

Gawie

Full Hd audio DTS-MA
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:07:20 am »

Guys forgive me if i have missed this topic.I am new with forums and with JRiver.I have recently purchase a HTPC and trying MC for the first time.I have used XBMC,but from what I heard is the quality output of audios and videos superior with MC.I need help.The XBMC play my Bluray HD videos perfect DTS- master and True Dolby Digital.What am I doing wrong.JR only encode up to AC3 which is just Dolby Digital.Please guide me through my settings as I am still very new with this MC.I Have Windows 7 with a Nvidia Ge-force GT 520M GPU able of playing Blu ray and 3D.My output is via HDMI (audio and video).My files are stored on a 2T Western Digital and are ripped in Full HD MKV files.Please help,I want to watch my Blu Ray movies in Full HD with smooth video :(

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Full Hd audio DTS-MA
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 05:22:53 am »

Welcome - I'm sure you will get all you need from MC.  Out of the box it will decode and output over HDMI full bitrate and debth all the audio formats with the exception of DTS-HD MA, but support for that can be added, see --> http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Blu-ray#Decoding_for_DTS-HD
JRiver CEO Elect

Gawie

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:34:51 am »

Thank you kindly.  will give it a go as I am very impressed with the sound quality.

Gawie

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 12:19:58 am »

Thanks,I did what you said copied it,went into tools,audio,and under bitstream I found DTS-MA and True Dolby.Working fine and smoothly

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 12:30:16 am »

When you're bitstreaming you don't need to copy any DLL's. You need the DLL's only if you want MC to decode DTS-MA.

What are you checking exactly under Tools/audio to confirm its working?

You can check whether MC is decoding DTS-MA when you hover your mouse over the DSP icon upper right corner (equalizer). In the popup it should mention dts-ma. Of course you need to be playing a DTS-MA track to see that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up