INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions before purchase  (Read 1185 times)

Ian Mills

Questions before purchase
« on: February 04, 2013, 03:31:32 am »

hi there guys and gals,

I have been looking for these answers but i can't seem to find them. Pleas forgive me if these seem stupid to you all.
I am looking to buy JRiver and love the fact that it is focused on the best possible sound quality. TBH this is 99% of what i am looking for but the 'icing on the cake' so to speak would be if JRiver can do these things...does it already ?

1. I looking to store 100% of the meta data for my music collection in jRivers DB as my music is in WAV format. So all the data you would normally see in a flac file but with even more info about the song. (Please don't ask why i want to store it in wav, i just do). This is possible ?

2. Can i remove the skin\theme of jriver and just run it in native windows style ?

3. Cue files used as available track list for an album ?. I have some albums where i only really like 2 or 3 songs and i see little point storing them if i am never going to listen to them. So i was wondering if JRiver can look at the complete track list from a cue file and list it on screen, then scan the directory and see what tracks are available for listening in that directory and 'grey out' those tracks that are unavailable. Can JRiver do this ?

This is all i have for now. Hope you can shed some light on this. Thanks internets !

-ian

chrisjj

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Questions before purchase
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:03:55 am »

1. I looking to store 100% of the meta data for my music collection in jRivers DB as my music is in WAV format. So all the data you would normally see in a flac file but with even more info about the song. (Please don't ask why i want to store it in wav, i just do). This is possible ?
Help says so: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging . I haven't tried it.

2. Can i remove the skin\theme of jriver and just run it in native windows style ?
No way I can find. I believe this ability was removed some years ago. The skin WinDozeClassic is a loose approximation, but it has snags.

Ian Mills

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 09:44:06 am »

thanks

Ian Mills

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 11:20:59 am »

Help says so: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging . I haven't tried it.

It supports tagging, which is good but i meant, can i store all the info as associated metadata ?

Thanks

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 12:22:55 pm »

The MC library can store whatever properties you want.  You can also export those to a file if the file type supports it.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Ian Mills

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 01:57:54 pm »

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up