INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: kredmore: Sirius XM issue  (Read 17566 times)

kredmore

• Recent member
kredmore: Sirius XM issue
« on: November 14, 2012, 05:40:23 pm »

If it happens again, could you post the exact error message?

Could you provide a sample URL we could test that works in MC17 but not MC18?

Thanks.

Yes, I should have captured the message at the time....sorry about that. At the next update, if it happens again, I will take a screen shot(s).

For the URL, here you go:

mms://127.0.0.1:51710/xm?channel=23 (Sirius channel 23) - works fine in MC17 and MC18
mms://127.0.0.1:51710/xm?channel=100 (Sirius channel 100) - works fine in MC17, but not MC18 (flashes black and/or gives the error message)

For either of the URLs to work, you will need to download and install SiriusXMStreamer from here http://www.permanence.com/sirius/.  And be a subscriber, or I can provide credentials for testing if needed.

Thanks, Keith

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: kredmore: Sirius XM issue
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:49:14 am »

Could you mail the testing information to johnt at jriver dot com?

We'll see if we can reproduce.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kredmore

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 10:23:39 am »

ok...thanks.  I just emailed Johnt with all the info.  Happy to assist.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 12:09:49 pm »

Thanks for the info.

We found one fix that will be in the next build:
Fixed: The program did not nicely handle a streaming HTTP URL that redirected to an MMS stream (used by SiriusXMStreamer, etc.).

But since you're already using mms:// instead of http://, this probably won't help you.

The login you sent only works on XM (not Sirius), so we couldn't test Sirius 100.  But XM channels were working, although the server itself seemed a little flaky (at times, some URLs didn't seem to work with any program).

So I'm not sure if we've gotten to the bottom of the issue or not.  For the stations that don't play, does manually switching them to 'Media Type' of 'Audio' make any difference?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kredmore

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 10:37:41 am »

they play ok in MC17 as I stated earlier....at two months now, not sure this is going to addressed.  And again, with that, no need for MC18, as MC17 works ok for me.  Might need to inquire about a refund for MC18, as I have no need for it.

JohnT

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:56:16 am »

Revisiting this issue.  The login we have only works for the XM channels in the SiriusXMStreamer app. so I'm confining my testing to those channels.  Specifically, I see that MC18 crashes when trying to play channel "XM 23 - Grateful Dead Channel", MC17 can play it Ok, but crashes after pressing Stop. The URL I'm testing is:

http://127.0.0.1:51710/xm?channel=23&format=asx

I'm looking into the source of the crash.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

kredmore

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 09:19:26 am »

Thanks, but I think you are missing the issue with those URLs.  Again, here's the issue from above:

mms://127.0.0.1:51710/xm?channel=23 (Sirius channel 23) - works fine in MC17 and MC18 (I have it going with MC18 right now!)
mms://127.0.0.1:51710/xm?channel=100 (Sirius channel 100) - works fine in MC17, but not MC18 (flashes black and/or gives the error message). Just verified again now.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 09:30:15 am »

I just copy and pasted the two urls you provided and neither of them will play in the current (117) build of MC18 on my machine.  The behavior is just as you describe.  If I try the asx version of stream #23 it will play ok but crashes on stop.   The behavior has been a moving target while trying to debug.

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 09:45:23 am »

Thanks, but I think you are missing the issue with those URLs.  Again, here's the issue from above:

mms://127.0.0.1:51710/xm?channel=23 (Sirius channel 23) - works fine in MC17 and MC18 (I have it going with MC18 right now!)
mms://127.0.0.1:51710/xm?channel=100 (Sirius channel 100) - works fine in MC17, but not MC18 (flashes black and/or gives the error message). Just verified again now.

I believe the issue is that you can't play certain streams from the XM streamer.  That's what we're trying to fix.  It may be more efficient to get the asx urls working first, hence the comments about asx.   All the streams appear to be available in both mms and asx flavors.

kredmore

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 10:01:01 am »

I just copy and pasted the two urls you provided and neither of them will play in the current (117) build of MC18 on my machine.  The behavior is just as you describe.  If I try the asx version of stream #23 it will play ok but crashes on stop.   The behavior has been a moving target while trying to debug.

I have the 1st URL (channel 23) working MC18 right now on build 112 as I'm trying this.
I also the 2nd URL (channel 100) working on MC17 right now as well.

This has been consistently working for me.  And when we have exchanged emails to troubleshoot in the past, you seem to get it working.

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 10:17:35 am »

ok...let me know what else you need from me.  Otherwise, I will continue to just wait.  What should my expectation be?  I don't want to ask, push, etc. again unnecessarily.
I can reproduce the problem so I don't need anything else at this time.

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 01:01:49 pm »

This issue is fixed for ASX streams as of build 120.
Pages: [1]   Go Up