INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Server  (Read 1146 times)

itwasme2001

TV Server
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:52:35 am »

Hi..
is it possible to watch TV with a TV Server in a network?
Or do i have to connect it local to a tv card?

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
Re: TV Server
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:16:24 am »

Yes this is possible, install the tuner hardware in the server and configure it, then simply connect the network client to the servers library and view TV from Theater View or Drives & Devices > Television in Standard View.

sirganty

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 10:35:56 am »

Is there a trick to this?

Only I tried it quickly on a client PC (after having switched to the library of the machine with the tuner), and it threw an error saying the device was unavailable.

Although I did that via the guide in theatre view rather than the devices in standard view.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:51:07 am »

I have only tried it briefly myself as I prefer to use another TV solution but it worked just fine, hopefully someone with more experience will be along shortly to help you  :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 11:50:22 am »

Is there a trick to this?

Only I tried it quickly on a client PC (after having switched to the library of the machine with the tuner), and it threw an error saying the device was unavailable.

Although I did that via the guide in theatre view rather than the devices in standard view.

Was the server awake when you tried it?  Did you check the server to see if there was an error?  Sometimes the server takes too long to response (hard disk takes too long to wake up for instance).  In such case you usually will get it going by trying the same channel again.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up