INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom view Gizmo Sorting Help  (Read 5582 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Custom view Gizmo Sorting Help
« on: January 22, 2013, 02:28:33 pm »

Hi

I'm trying to make an album based view in Gizmo. Ideally I want to make a view that goes along the lines of Disc Type > Album Artist/Album..

There is one twist I want to be able to change the sorting order before it gets to Album Artist/Album.. Can't wrap my head around it..

I've tried nesting other categories but this gets mind boggling fast (Or it works but then the alphabetical scroll bar thing in J Remote is rendered useless due to having a virtual folder at the top), I've tried creating categories like
Disc Type > Sort > Album Artist/Album

Sort was tried using a search list that contains the search parameters I want i.e. Year Album [A/Z] and Date Imported [Z/A] etc. I can't quite get it to work and Year Album [A/Z] in the search list in Gizmo doesn't save it just disappears. I've got close but then track orders get messed up.

Anybody got any suggestions.. I could make lots of views but then where is the fun in that and things would get cluttered fast..

It would be great if the web service allowed requests to change sort order of album views on the fly, so that it could be implemented in J Remote and such. That way we could still keep our views quite simple and have a more dynamic view at the same time. (Don't know how that would be implemented, if we could get access to create a custom sort tree that would be applied to our views that a little dropdown menu (Like the one for changing the default tap action) that J Remote could call upon or if it would just be left to devs like Lespaul to decide whats needed..

Thanks

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Custom view Gizmo Sorting Help
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:47:36 pm »

You're asking two things here: 1) how to set the sorting for {Web}Gizmo and 2) how the ensure JRemote sorts as you want.

Let's focus on (1) since we have control of that.  It sounds like you want sorting at the Disk Type level (since you say "change the sorting order before it gets to Album Artist/Album").  Is that correct?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

locust

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 05:23:33 pm »

Yes that's correct, So I can essentially have one view for albums that I can switch to serveral different sorting orders before I get to the albums..

MrC

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 06:24:19 pm »

I don't see an obvious way to do this with a single item.  You can create your own Category group (Add > Category) and define sub views there, each with different sorts.

locust

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 06:52:10 pm »

Thanks for the help

Guess I'll have to go down that route.. Hopefully in the future we can see sorting of a view that is independent of the view configuration itself. It would be a very useful feature.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 07:17:52 pm »

It's possible something is coming down the pipe that may provide some utility, but until then...

There are very nice ways to group and format views to make them more useful on remote devices.  Grouping by letters, etc. can minimize long lists, at the minor expense of another drill down.

Try adding another Album Artist (auto) category above the existing one, and use Grouping, setting the size to maybe 3 or so.

Somewhere in my test views, I have a nice 3-letter, then 2-letter, then 1-letter hierarchy.  It works nicely.

locust

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:49:50 pm »

Thanks I'll look into that and try and implement it, for me I need to plan quite extensively when customizing gizmo views, as gizmo, web gizmo or even J remote don't see the updated views until I kill the MC and MC Server processes and restart them, I don't know if this happens with everyone else.. Makes it quite difficult making minor changes to see the effects so I end up making a completely new view each time kind of ad hoc to see if I can achieve what I'm trying to do..

thanks

MrC

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:54:29 pm »

Try doing all of your testing and customization of DLNA, {WebGizmo}, and Theater View in a Standard View using Categories (or panes if you know how to nest in a pane).

This is MUCH faster to edit and view, and you can just transfer the settings over when you have them completed.

Try this in a pane or as a category:

listbuild(1, \,
   If(Regex([Artist], /#^([A-Za-z])#/),    [R1], 0-9 etc.),
   If(Regex([Artist], /#^(.[A-Za-z])#/),   [R1], 0-9 etc.),
   If(Regex([Artist], /#^(..[A-Za-z])#/),  [R1], 0-9 etc.))&datatype=[list]

Change Artist to Album Artist (auto) if you want.

locust

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 09:09:40 am »

thanks :), I'll have a mess around with that and see what I can come up with :)

Genesis

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 02:46:17 pm »

Good evening,

I have been searching the internet about customizing the view in my Gizmo for Android. Just trying to find out something simple as adding the trackno. and artist in the view after I click on Album. (now I only see the titles, which is unhandy when I play the Top 2000). But as hard as I try to find it, it is still not clear to me how to do it. I find it odd that there is so little to find in tutorials, manuals, wiki etc. Can this be made more clear? Or can someone give me a link to a tutorial? I have MC15. Also tried it on a trial version of 17, but there it is just as unclear as in 15.

Thanks!

Johan ::)

MrC

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 05:46:39 pm »

It is curious that Track #'s are not included along with the tracks in the track list.  They probably should be there by default.

Genesis

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 11:39:49 am »

Thanks for the remark, but can you give me a direction? For example, where can I see in MC15 what the default settings are? No links to any tutorial?  :-\

MrC

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 12:42:56 pm »

Last night I added a request for to JRiver to include Track # in the {Web}Gizmo track names.

This was just done for DLNA (under the DLNA server options) in MC18, since many DLNA devices do not show track info either.  Since JRiver can't change those existing devices, an mechanism was just added so users could customize how the track title is presented (for example, to include track number).

Since JRiver controls the {Web}Gizmo page content, the should be able to make this change should they choose to do so.  I don't have a quick fix for you (like a simple patch to the web template, as there is no Track # component to Class: LibraryFile, and this information would have to be queried).
Pages: [1]   Go Up