INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User Questions, help requested please  (Read 1095 times)

Howard

• Recent member
New User Questions, help requested please
« on: January 24, 2013, 07:59:58 pm »

Hi-  I've just started using JRiver on Win7 after using itunes on a mac.  I'm having a series of difficulties with it, although the sound is wonderful.  I'd like a bit of help with a few questions:
1) It seems that all of my cd rips are in alphabetical order instead of the order that they were in on the cd.  This just happened and I can't find a way to restore them to the original order.  There is no column that has track numbers (although I think, I'm not sure, that there was once such a column.
2) Another track order question: how do you manually change the order of tracks?  In itunes you can just drop and drag.  How do you do this in JRiver?
3) Is there a simple set of instructions for the basic use of JRiver?  I find the wiki to be difficult to manage.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.  -Howard

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: New User Questions, help requested please
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:06:45 pm »

1) Go to one of the default Audio views such as Audio > Albums.  If your tracks had track numbers in the metadata (tags), they will show in track order.  You might be looking at the Playing Now playlist view currently.

2) In the Playing Now playlist (under Playing Now in the left-hand tree), drag and drop tracks as you wish to re-order.

3) Hmmm...  There's a Getting Started guide.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Howard

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 08:29:25 pm »

Thanks for your prompt response.  I can reorder the tracks in "Playing Now", but that doesn't seem to reorder them if I go to an individual album  (Artists)(Individual Artist)(Individual Album). In the portion of the screen that lists the track names, time, etc. there is no column for track number so I can't reorder them there.  Instead they remain in alphabetical order (not so useful if you want to listen to a symphony etc.).  Thanks again for your help.  -Howard

shrike645

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:11:05 pm »

There is a track number tag. Right click the column headers and add the track number tag from the list. Make sure you don't have the name column sorted.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 09:36:08 pm »

Look at your albums under the audio tab (not the playing now tab), and go to the main audio subtab (the one just called "audio").  Do you see the track number header on the header bar immediately above the files?  If not, you should right click on the header and select "Track #" from the drop down list.  Once you have Track # as a listed header, try left-clicking on it and selecting "sort within groups by Track#".  That should fix it.

Howard

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:51:46 pm »

Thanks friends.  Very helpful, I got this sorted out.  -Howard
Pages: [1]   Go Up