INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I rebuild my Library, without hurting my playlists/customised views etc?  (Read 1298 times)

psam

• World Citizen

Simple question.

My library presents some problems which cannot be solved by simply performing an Auto-Import.

I tried renaming the parent directory of my media , Auto-importing the files, renaming the directory back to its original name and re-importing, but all playlists were blanked out.

Any ideas?

rhgh

• Galactic Citizen

mc has a backup library folder.
under options - file location, you can see where he is
now you must try out only where the error is no longer present

I make at least every 2 day a backup
reinhard

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

Static playlists list library files. When a library file is removed from the database it gets removed also from the playlists.

You can export the static playlists and reimport them if the filenames (including the folder paths) inside the playlists are still valid. The library views and smartlists will not be affected by any file removal and import.

My library presents some problems which cannot be solved by simply performing an Auto-Import.

What problems exactly? Removing the files and reimporting them is quite an extreme solution. You'll lose all statistics.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

psam

• World Citizen

Static playlists list library files. When a library file is removed from the database it gets removed also from the playlists.

You can export the static playlists and reimport them if the filenames (including the folder paths) inside the playlists are still valid. The library views and smartlists will not be affected by any file removal and import.

What problems exactly? Removing the files and reimporting them is quite an extreme solution. You'll lose all statistics.
I am having problems with the CUE supported single-file albums for a very long time.

At the suggestion of others I tried creating a new database,  then manually imported one folder containing a problematic album. This way it was imported fine , without any problems. Running Auto-Import in the original database, does not re-import these albums properly, so my only way out is to clear the library and rebuild it from scratch.

I can try to export the playlists, but this will be a tedious job....
Thanx

Pages: [1]   Go Up