INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 1323 times)

itwasme2001

Questions
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:59:30 am »

Hi, i have several questions:

1. I want to use the TV functionality, which Decoder, Renderer is the best for HD Channels. What are the perfect Settings for watching TV.
I am having many pixels in the picture if i am watching HD.
2. Can i make Channel Changing faster. Like on a normal TV.
3. Is it possible to have dual tuning. So i can watch one programm and record another.
4. Is it possible to see the channel list with channel icons (TV Icons)
5. I am using JRemote. If i watch Diashow local on Ipad, the App closes.
6. How can i remote control the Web browser on a client wirth jremote or is this possible with another app.
7. If i watch Blueray he wants a filter?

Thanks for helping me...

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:06:23 am »

Hi, i have several questions:

1. I want to use the TV functionality, which Decoder, Renderer is the best for HD Channels. What are the perfect Settings for watching TV.
I am having many pixels in the picture if i am watching HD.
Depends whether you mean 'best' or 'best for me'. Best is LAV Filters for decoding and MadVR for rendering (Jinc 3 for image and chroma upscaling and either exclusive mode or overlay mode). LAV and MadVR work great for me in SD and HD. They should be automatically configured in ROHQ (in Video Settings). You need some decent graphics card to make best use though. What is your setup?

I'm not sure what you mean by many pixels? Is it macroblocking with big squares of colour? Some videocard drivers had issues with HDTV a while back, so you may wish to update your videocard drivers. Poor reception signal is another cause (HD is much more susceptible than SD, also the PC tuner card may be more susceptible to poor signal than your TV).
2. Can i make Channel Changing faster. Like on a normal TV.
The speed of channel changing is dependent on both the PC Tuner card and the software. For me DVBViewer changes channels faster than MC, but still not as fast as a normal TV. I don't think there's much you can tinker with to make it faster.  
3. Is it possible to have dual tuning. So i can watch one programm and record another.
Yes, you need more than one tuner though. You're only limited by the number of tuners you can fit in (within reason!)
4. Is it possible to see the channel list with channel icons (TV Icons)
Yes, in theaterview it is possible to make a new view for channels. Icons are also possible, but a bit of a pain to sort out since you have to do it manually. See this thread ...
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69505.0

5. I am using JRemote. If i watch Diashow local on Ipad, the App closes.
6. How can i remote control the Web browser on a client wirth jremote or is this possible with another app.
7. If i watch Blueray he wants a filter?
I can't help with these since I don't use jremote.

SBR

itwasme2001

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:34:43 am »

Thank you...
* The List with Icons works very good.
* The Code/Renderer which i testet is from Power DVD.. now live tv is running good

Open questions:
* Now JRemote Support is still missing..
* Is it possible ti view the Theater mode in Kiosk. So that no one can leave the theater mode.
* Can i navigate through the theater menu while tv is running in a small window in the corner?

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 06:44:26 am »

It's not possible to completely lock down theaterview, but you can remove the Exit option from the main menu strip (options-> theaterview). So, for example, a user with a remote control couldn't exit out of it, but s keyboard would still be possible to exit (eg. ctrl-1)

SBR

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:57:50 am »

Thanks for helping me...

I have 2 HD HomeRUN DUAL devcies.  The HomeRUN DUAL is an Ethernet attached OTA TV receiver.  Attach an Antenna to the unit and it has 2 built in tuners.  I put in a two port amp in line and attached 2 of them.  Now I have 4 TV tuners.  I can now record 3 shows and watch a 4th or record 4 shows at the same time.

I'm not sure if there is a real limit but I know Silicon Dust makes a rack mount unit that effectively combines 4 of these standalone units into one package.  So I know it would be possible to have 8 tuners up and running at the same time. 

The unit runs about $95 when not on sale, but have seem them on-sale or at auction for about $60.  I really like the units.

I just wish MC 18 had picture-in-picture (PIP) capability so I could have 2 sports programs on and flip between them.  :)

Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime
Pages: [1]   Go Up