INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP: 'Creative Labs' NOMAD Jukebox for MJ 8.  (Read 969 times)

InGearX

HELP: 'Creative Labs' NOMAD Jukebox for MJ 8.
« on: April 09, 2002, 11:09:57 pm »

I have a Nomad JukeBox (6GB) [ http://www.nomadworld.com/products/Jukebox/ ] from Creative I downloaded the 'Handheld Plug-ins' : 'Creative Labs' NOMAD Jukebox for MJ 8.0 but when I try to connect to device using MJ 8.0.239 it crashes!
crashes = once I click on the 'Devices' and 'NOMAD Jukebox' I get a pop-up dialog stating: "Media Jukebox has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." and an optation to send report to Microsoft... (standard when app crashes)

Software used: MJ 8.0.239 on very updated Windows XP Pro
Hardware used: NOMAD® Jukebox MP3 player (original 6GB version) with very latest firmware (version 2.94)

If you know what I can do to fix the problem or any other software I may use please tell me... Thank you all...

Steve

RE:HELP: 'Creative Labs' NOMAD Jukebox for MJ 8.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2002, 05:44:16 am »

InGearX,

Can you go to Settings-> Plug-in Manager->Handhelds->Nomad Jukebox and double check that you have version 3.0.15 installed? Assuming that you do, my best guess is that there is a driver incompatibility. Can you be sure to install the stand alone Jukebox Drivers (JukeboxDrivers.exe) at http://www.nomadworld.com/downloads/drivers/welcome.asp?reg=3&OS=%23WinXP%23&prod=%23jukebox%23&Select=Get Files&x=42&y=7

These are the drivers you will need to run Nomad Jukebox with MJ. After this, feel free to email me at steve@jriver.com for further help.

InGearX

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2002, 04:10:16 pm »

Thank you Steve, the driver (URL you gave) is what system required for it to work...
Works perfectly now!

If I could only drag and drop files in there form Windows Explorer that would be awesome...
Or if I could view music files located on say C:\kazaa right in MJ and drop from there...

Thank you...

Steve

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2002, 07:33:29 am »

InGearX,

I think you can already do what you are after. Under "Media Library" in v8 you will see "File Location". If you expand this you will see your drives and you will be able to browse to a folder such as "kazaa".  Once you select a fodler, you will see the files in the right view and be able to drag them to your Nomad Jukebox.

Having said this, if you get the latest version of MJ8, if in the left tree you see "CD,DVD & Handhelds" rather than "Devices", getting connected to your Handheld will not work very well. This is fixed and will be reflected in the next build of MJ. If you are still at 8.0.239 you should be set.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up