INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for help with view customization for DLNA :)  (Read 787 times)

Deepestblue

Looking for help with view customization for DLNA :)
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:35:27 am »

Hi all,

I have been trying for some time now, but my skills seem to be pretty limited. :) So, I am trying to customize my Video-TV-Shows view in a way that it will have the following structure:

* First level shows all series (names)
* Second level shows seasons (Season 1 to  Season x)
* Third level shows the episodes (SXXEYY - Episodename)
* Optional: Fourth click shows episode name and description (instead of playing the episode right away)

My series are all imported neatly and have all the tags/data set correctly, but I keep failing at setting up the views. Basically in my media player (Western Digital) it will always show me all episodes of all seasons and series in all levels instead of just the subset that I chose a click earlier.

Is there any way to accomplish that in the JRiver MediaCenter?

Thanks for any help! :)

AndyV

• Recent member
Re: Looking for help with view customization for DLNA :)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 08:59:19 am »

I'm not that familiar with video DLNA, but the best way I have found to set up Audio DLNA views is to set them up in the J River player first and make sure they are right first, then when you customize your DLNA view all you have to do is "Add" > "Library item from standard view", restart MC and your DLNA control point should see them. Build your view step by step so you can see that it works as you go.

Deepestblue

Re: Looking for help with view customization for DLNA :)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 03:32:13 am »

Thanks, it kind of worked out - except the optional fourth step as my Western Digital apparently doesn't allow for a view that would nicely display the description.

Pages: [1]   Go Up