INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAV Filters Bug [Fixed/workaround]  (Read 2552 times)

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
LAV Filters Bug [Fixed/workaround]
« on: January 25, 2013, 05:43:00 pm »

Is there a thread to post glitches in bluray playback? I think it may be a LAV splitter glitch. I haven't registered for doom9 to post it there?

Anyway, for now I'll post it here. Feel free to split this off onto a separate thread if necessary.

All of my bluray rips work fine in MC (16.110) except one. (!). It is the UK/Europe version of Defiance. Previously in MC16.107 (I think), it would show about 5 seconds of video and no audio (linear PCM was being read by the amp,) but not a smidge of sound. Now, with 110 the video plays about twice as fast as normal, again no sound, but this time the amp states it is getting some esoteric Dolby codec (Dolby stereo something plus). MC starts grabbing memory like there's no tomorrow and becomes unresponsive. Eventually had to kill it in the task manager. The bluray should be VC-1 1080p as with most of my others. The only difference I can see is that it has 3 DTS-MA tracks (English, Castillano and something else). Otherwise I can't see how it differs. I've tried all 4 RO options, and windows merit based. All same. Hence why I think the trouble is with splitter/decoder not renderer.  

SBR
Old one from MC16 days!

There's still a glitch with this Bluray. It runs at double speed. MadVR reports clock deviation is at >200%!

I think nev looked into it a while back, but I guess still not made it into bugfixes.

SBR

Jong

Re: LAV Filters Bug
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 04:15:56 am »

Have you tried the very latest LAV, not yet in MC. It works fine with MC, I've tried it. Specifically it has "Small improvements to handling Blu-rays with odd stream configurations". You never know.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 06:59:36 am »

Thanks,

No, missed that update. I keep meaning to register LAV filters so I can fiddle with the settings. Now is probably a good time then! I'll give it a go tonight.

SBR

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »

Have you tried the very latest LAV, not yet in MC. It works fine with MC, I've tried it. Specifically it has "Small improvements to handling Blu-rays with odd stream configurations". You never know.

No, still not fixed.

LAV still doesn't think the audio tracks are DTS-MA.

SBR

Jong

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:31:47 pm »

Well, it was worth a try!

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 11:40:14 pm »

That disc is just broken and fixing it would be very complex, so stop playing it and watch other movies :p
It mixes different audio and video codecs within on title, no other disc i've seen did that so far.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 03:43:52 am »

No. The disc clearly isn't broken. It works fine in a bluray player and in PowerDVD. Maybe what's broken is the way LAV extracts the streams?  :P

perhaps I'll remind you again in 18 months time that LAV is broken!

SBR

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 04:17:22 am »

In case it wasn't clear, i just don't care. A single weirdo disc won't make me spend days of effort trying to fix it, i just have better things to do than this.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Sandy B Ridge

Re: LAV Filters Bug [Fixed/workaround]
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 03:53:32 pm »

I forgot that nev had already suggested a fix/workaround for this disc in another thread:
I did, but there is nothing i can really fix. The disc is mastered very oddly, and unless this becomes some kind of standard, i'll call this an unfortunate case of not workingness.
You can play it properly if you just open the m2ts file and skip the playlists.

Having auto-particles available for bluray makes me happier to store the bd as a bdmv rather than iso these days since all the extras etc. are available from the particles.
So, following the great man's advice I imported the bdmv structure and manually imported the m2ts file for the main movie. I've stacked the whole lot of the particles etc and made the m2ts file the head of the stack.

So now:

All is hunky dory.

Examining the disc with BDInfo shows the mpls for the main movie has a 9s trailer of 'momentum pictures' followed by the movie. The 'momentum pictures' m2ts has ac3 audio (and plays fine) and the main movie has DTS-MA (and plays fine). Weird... I guess LAV doesn't detect the shift when changing m2ts files mid-playlist.

Anyway, the workaround makes me happy!

Thanks nev

SBR

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: LAV Filters Bug [Fixed/workaround]
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 02:32:40 am »

Even worse then the audio, i believe the short trailer had even a different video codec, IIRC anyway.
Its a rather uncommon setup, usually single titles stick to one codec, but if this starts happening more often, it'll need to be handled, but not for a single disc, its just too much effort.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up