INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Station Links  (Read 727 times)

Meghyn

• Recent member
Radio Station Links
« on: April 09, 2002, 04:21:17 pm »

I just purchased MJ7 today. Is there a way to get MJ to play radio station streaming files just by clicking on the link in my web browser? I have all my file associations set to MJ, and have removed all file associations from RealPlayer. At this time, every time I click on a link for a radio station feed, I get a message asking me which file I want MJ to play. I then have to type in the station link manually to get it to play.

Also, is there an easier way to add new stations other than typing the information in manually? For example, when I play a new station, I can see the station info in the playlist box, but I can't see any feasable way to add the station from there. The only way I've found that I can add a station is to do so manually, typing in all the station info from scratch.

Thanks in advance. Next Page

Meghyn

Birdie

RE:Radio Station Links
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2002, 03:51:10 am »

As far as your first question I had the same problem, but I found some information on the Shoutcast website,here: http://www.shoutcast.com/download/listener.phtml#browser
I did that and also associated all file types to MJ and for me it worked.
When I click on a link in Shoutcast, MJ opens and begins to play the station, when available.( My standard webbrowser is Opera, with IE still in place).
I posted the same question as your second, but unfortunately there came no answer. As far as I can find out, typing all the information is the only way, but maybe someone else can help us ?!

Meghyn

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2002, 06:19:08 am »

Birdie,

Thanks!!! I'll give it a try when I get home from work today. Looks like a terrific solution!

As for the second question, I hope there's a solution for that too.  Next Page

Meghyn

Birdie

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2002, 05:15:46 am »

I forgot to tell you that in my case it was asked: "open file with MJBexe ?" instead of "open file from current location", of course because I associated all files with MJB. I checked that and unchecked "always ask" as suggested.
I also added the listen page of Shoutcast as web url for one of the stations I want to listen to. Now when I click on station page I can there choose another station within MJB
Pages: [1]   Go Up