INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording TV  (Read 2094 times)

todward

Recording TV
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:48:03 pm »

I'm using currently Windows 7 Media Center and want to switch to JMC 18.
I'm using the Theater view in JMC18  to record my shows through the TV guide.
Where can I find a "series manager" recording manager to see my future recordings change how many I want to record etc. I even have a hard time finding my recordings, because under shows it shows all my videos.

Basically I'm looking for record manager similar to a TV / Direct TV, Windows Media Center.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Recording TV
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:20:54 pm »

Right now the only manager you can use is in Standard view.

In Standard view, Drives & Devices > Television, you can find "To Be Recorded", and "Recording Rules"
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

todward

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:02:56 pm »

Thanks, but not really family "friendly". TV recording is not a strength of JMC18. May be in future versions.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Re: Recording TV
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 07:35:59 pm »

you should be able to make a view of only recorded media.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 07:48:23 pm »

I'm sorry if you had trouble, but TV recording is extremely solid and stable in MC.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 02:42:51 pm »

Hi Jim,

Yes indeed stability maybe there but if you compare the overall TV interface with Sage (or even WMC) it is not there yet.  (Not for me anyway to fully justify leaving Sage and go to JRiver for all my needs.

Which is very unfortunate as I love it for everything else (well almost everything...IMHO Overall file renaming and tagging plus handheld conversion could be improved too...)

Don't get me wrong I learned to love JRiver (well we had some kind of a love-hate relationship at first but this is slowly changing into a rock solid relationship :)

For sound quality I'm sold (and believe me I tried to hang on to foobar as much I could)... Watching movies/videos is also flawless and the overall interface plus fetching of Movies/series info is working great.

A week ago I thought I'd give JRiver another chance for TV watching/recording.  I assumed a few improvements would have been made on the interface and the overall tagging/renaming of shows.  For example in Theater view: Still no guide while watching TV (allowing you to still watch when flipping to different channels) OR program description when you're watching a show.  I don't want to know what will be playing in an hour I want to know more about what I'm currently watching. (AND no automatic Comskip..But yes I could use MC-TV converter I guess...)

...So definitely not Wife-ready yet so back to Sage for TV recordings and watching.

Maybe this is all customizable (and I did try really hard to customize it by looking at forums, how-to's etc...) but never managed to get it like I want. i.e. similar to SageTV while watching TV.
If it is customizable I'd love to know how.

Pages: [1]   Go Up