INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing File Types  (Read 1482 times)

dlbeck

• Recent member
Changing File Types
« on: January 27, 2013, 10:17:46 pm »

I've just started using MC and added a rather large library.  in the process of doing that it set all my songs that were .aiff, .alac and .flac as WAV.  All the songs have the right extension after the song name but the field file type is all .WAV except the MP3's. 

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

David

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing File Types
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 01:00:44 am »

I'm not sure what could have gone wrong there. I imported several flac files over the weekend there and their [file type] field is correctly filled.

Do they play?

You could select one file, then edit the file type field, entering the following: =right([filename (name)],4) and pressing enter.
If that works for you, you could select all of the others at once and repeat the above and MC will process them all in swift order.

That should fix things, but does not help much with resolving why things needed fixing in the first place, and I'm a bit bemused with that. Maybe someone else will have some thoughts...

-marko

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 12:54:40 pm »

If they were imported with their original file types, and then changed subsequently, and then you just updated the links in MC, it won't automatically re-analyze the files and fix the [File Type] tag.

If you select them and do Right Click > Library Tools > Update Library (from Tags) it will rescan the files and fix it, though.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

dlbeck

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:29:32 pm »

Yes the files do play but for some reason all the file types changed to wav.  I can change them manually because the file type is still part of the file name like Dog Days are Over.aif.  So I know what file type they are but the file type is Wav.  The file name says this:

http://192.168.1.8:50002/transcoder/genericoder.cgi/id=2241.wav

What does that mean?  The IP address is the location I was copying from but not sure why it says transcoder/genericoder.cgi.id=2241.wav

Thanks

David

dlbeck

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 07:39:44 pm »

Change:  Not all songs are playing.  Trying to figure out why.  Thanks for the help.

David

dlbeck

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:09:32 pm »

Never mind.  I re-imported the library and all is well now. Thanks Mojave!

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 09:15:55 am »

The issue was that dlbeck had first loaded a DLNA library on the NAS instead of importing the files from the NAS. I had met him before at a home theater tour so I called him and we got it resolved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up