INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help remembering and file management...  (Read 863 times)

CRT

• Recent member
Need help remembering and file management...
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:53:57 pm »

Hello all,

First question: I have been away from MC for awhile due to my travel schedule. Since returning, I have updated the version 18 but forgot how to turn on and off all the extra information that appears on the left side of the screen during video playback that gives all types of data (dropped frames, delayed frames, etc). My setting was apparently left "on" and I don't recall the command to switch it off.

Second question: At the moment, I am using MC primarily to view my movie collection via my HTPC (all files are stored separately on a Vortexbox NAS, which is connected to the HTPC by ethernet). I would like to add some DVD rips of old TV shows (for example, I have collected many of the DVDs of the original Perry Mason series). What is the best way, in terms of file management and setup, to separate these TV shows from my movie collection. In other words, I would like the category in theater view for video/movies just to feature my film collection and a separate theater view option for TV archived material. I have set up a separate folder on my NAS for TV/Perry Mason but have not found a way to link to it without scrapping the library that holds all of my movie titles. I have searched around and haven't found an answer for this. My apologies if I missed it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thus far, I'm very impressed with MC and particularly the PQ for the Red October HQ option (I'm using an Ivy Bridge i5 CPU w/ Windows 7).

Thanks.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Need help remembering and file management...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:13:28 pm »

Try Ctrl + J.

Set the Media Sub Type of your Perry Mason shows to TV Show.  This will put them in the Shows (vs. Movies) view.

You can setup auto-import rules to set the Media Sub Type automatically upon import.  See Tools > Import... > Configure Auto-Import.  Add the path to your ripped shows, and set a folder-location based rule to trigger setting Media Sub Type.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

CRT

• Recent member
Re: Need help remembering and file management...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:23 pm »

Thanks for the info!

Chuck
Pages: [1]   Go Up