INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customise CD labels ??  (Read 993 times)

rjay

Customise CD labels ??
« on: April 09, 2002, 12:49:17 pm »

I want to change the default info used for the CD labels; ideally replace MJ's logos with my own, and include the album name in brackets after each songtitle.  Where do I do this ??  In CD Labeller presumably (!) but how do I save the new layout as the default template ??

Shawn Rebelo

• World Citizen
  • Web, Multimedia Developer, Graphic Designer, ProgrammerFood, Music, Art
RE:Customise CD labels ??
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 01:03:13 pm »

Place your own creation inside:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Data\Label Themes

Go to the labeler, select your theme. Print or exit, your choice. After that it should stay with what ever theme you selected last.
Shawn Rebelo
JRiver, Inc
Sr. Web Master

rjay

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 01:23:26 pm »

Great; thanks Shawn.

But I'm starting to think that I won't be able to bring over other fields from MJ to the CD Labeller - I want to use Album, Genre, etc., but I can't see anyway of including those in the template.  Am I missing something or does CD Labeller only "see" song title, artist & track length ??

Shawn Rebelo

• World Citizen
  • Web, Multimedia Developer, Graphic Designer, ProgrammerFood, Music, Art
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2002, 01:37:52 pm »

Currently in the wizard you can not. But I have just suggested it and will be coming soon.

BUT...

When you get the tracks you want, select and open the Label Wizard, click  "Go to label Editor". Ignore the message and say yes (you can print from there as well).

Here you can add more text. Although, you will not be able to edit the current text, just add some text.
Shawn Rebelo
JRiver, Inc
Sr. Web Master

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2002, 09:17:23 am »

Actually, you can edit the current text as well. Just select the text box, click the text tool, then select "custom" in the type field, now you can edit the text.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Alonso Nefarious

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2002, 12:22:42 pm »

To quote myself...

CD Labeler: IMHO the labeler just needs a couple of changes to bring it up to snuff:
-Ability to choose the elements in a track listing: Artist, Album, Track number, time, genre.
-Ability to choose the formatting of each element in a track listing: Font, bold/italic, justification, lead and trailing symbols like - or _ or ..... or ) etc. like:

1) Maggot Brain: Maggot Brain                 - 10:19
2) Maggot Brain: Can You Get To That          - 02:48

rather than:

1) "Maggot Brain" by Funkadelic (10:19)
2) "Can You Get To That" by Funkadelic (02:48)

If it's not a compilation I know who the artist is.  Point is let us dream up our own format.
-Slim case insert (it has a flap on the left edge to fold into the spine)
-Ability to rotate a box to any angle, not just 90, 180, etc.  At least add 45, 135, etc.
-Add context menus IE r.click on an image should bring up image options, etc.
-Print registration marks. (long, narrow |PLS| removed from the edges of the elements to help cutting.
-The ability to change the layout of the elements (Front cover, back cover, etc) on the printed page.  This would allow the user to define custom layouts, and to match various label layouts.  For instance of blank paper I like to print my elements near two edges of the page so I only need to make two cuts and a fold.
-The ability to make custom elements with new dimensions and printable areas.  EG I like to create a custom back element that is larger than normal to couple with a front element to make a cd envelope (Print on colored heavy stock, nice for gifts, samples, etc)

Please?

-Nef
Pages: [1]   Go Up