INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Black screen freeze when resuming DVD playback  (Read 1032 times)

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Black screen freeze when resuming DVD playback
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:48:33 pm »

I need to start this post by stressing that I don't get a screen freeze with resuming DVD playback with RO standard or ROHQ.
It only occurs when I use custom mode and use the Ffdshow raw filter to load Avisynth scripts.
It occurs when the DVD has spun down after playback and I try and resume watching where I left off using bookmarks.
If the DVD is started from the beginning via the menus, copyright etc screens it is OK.
It happens 100% of the time when madvr is the renderer and about 10% of the time if EVR is the renderer.
If I use the same filter set (DVD Navigator, LAV Video, ffdshow raw & Madvr) in MPC-HC there is no problem resuming dvd playback.
The only way to exit the freeze is to close MC18.

I have worked around the issue by always starting DVD playback from a batch file which first does a chkdsk e: >nul which spins up the DVD drive- then there is no problem with resuming playback from the bookmark using mc18 /dvdvideo e: command.

I have tested on two pc's and get the same results with two different DVD drives and all MC releases since madvr was enabled for DVD playback.
Playback from all other sources MKV rips, MP4 files and Bluray discs are fine with the ffdshow filter loaded.
I've attached a madvr freeze report which might shed some light on why this occurring.
I appreciate this is a little esoteric but I would appreciate any feedback re this issue.
Thanks.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up