INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anybody got video streaming to an iPad working??  (Read 1072 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Has anybody got video streaming to an iPad working??
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:42:24 am »

I'm trying to stream videos to my wife's iPad, especially JTV TV recordings and downloaded AVI files.

It doesn't seem to matter what video conversion option I select none of them work!

It used to work many versions ago, I couldn't seek but at least I could play something, now nothing works.

I've tried numerous apps, like Media Connect/Flex Player, Good player, Ace Player.... all fail to play wiht various errors like, video unplayable, initialization error  etc.

So is anybody else streaming to an iPad successfuly and if so what version of MC (I'm using 18.126), what  conversion/DLNA options are you using and what iPad app please?

Thanks
Richard

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: Has anybody got video streaming to an iPad working??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:44:18 am »

Try Air Video.

Works beautifully.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 05:03:12 am »

Try Air Video.

Works beautifully.

I'm pretty sure I did as one of many I tried.

What DLNA settings and video conversion options are you using?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 10:02:07 am »

I'm pretty sure I did as one of many I tried.

What DLNA settings and video conversion options are you using?

AirVideo doesn't work that way.

It has its own server that does live conversion to the proper formats on the fly.  It works pretty well, though the only "browsing" system is by folder structure.  I'd really love MC and JRemote to incorporate this functionality eventually, so that you could browse using tags in the MC Library instead of just by folder structure.  And, of course, do it all from within one app on the iDevices, rather than having to use one thing for audio and another for video.

But, the server can live transcode almost any format to work beautifully on iDevices.  I do find it has trouble with the TS recordings I get off of my HD-PVR, though, which is a big motivation for this project (which I'm still working on, and will have a new release of later today).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up