INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature idea: Output Profiles  (Read 969 times)

dejwi

• Recent member
Feature idea: Output Profiles
« on: February 06, 2013, 06:02:24 am »

After evaluating a lot of different software for purpose of high quality listening and sharing media over LAN and WAN I become a happy user of JRiver Media Center. I've tried XBMC, Plex, HQ Player, Tonido, Subsonic, OwnCloud, Serviio. And while some of them are better in single aspects then MC none can provide you with complete and high quality experience.

What I lack is the ability to quickly switch between different outputs and change the type of processing.
From my PC I output:
- multichannel sound to AVR with JRSS and 5.1 convolution filters via HDMI
- stereo sound headphone amp connected to external USB DAC with MC upsampling and different convolution filters

Switching from one to the other requires fiddling with lot of options. What I dream off is functionality similar to typical AVR receiver. When I change inputs on AVR receiver I got automatic switch for different processing, source attenuation, etc.. It would be great if I could create several "profiles" within MC which would allow to quickly switch output and all settings in DSP Studio.

What do you think about that? Or maybe there is already a feature in MC that would simplify for me switching from AVR to headphones?

regards,
David

ps.: English is not my native language :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feature idea: Output Profiles
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:49:38 am »

Welcome to the forum.  On our wiki, please read about "Zones" and "Zone Switch".
Pages: [1]   Go Up