INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix-bug? There are no items to display  (Read 2487 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Netflix-bug? There are no items to display
« on: November 18, 2012, 07:14:36 am »

Hi,

I was hoping someone would be so kind and help me with the following problem:
I've registered a Netflix-account (in Denmark, Europe) but when I enter theater view and netflix there is no content. On the netflix theater view-page it says "There are no items to display".

What could be wrong? I've checked that my netflix-account in fact works (as well as my internet connection).

Best regards,
Mikkel

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Netflix-bug? There are no items to display
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:24:31 am »

I think you will have problems. I asked about this in another thread lately about my Norwegian account. MC is able to log in, but sees either a peculiar set of movies (which of none are able to play) or no content at all. Seems it is linked to US contents, even if you have a non US Netflix account.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 10:42:16 am »

I see the same problem, and I'm also from Denmark.

Hope this will be fixed :-)

gilberti69

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 10:42:43 am »

Hi,

I'm getting he same problem in the UK.  However I have found a workaround:

Scroll across to the first genre category (on mine it's action/adventure) and pick the first film and play it.  It will tell you that the film is unavailable then click back to browsing and you will be it the flash version of NetFlix.

Not ideal but better than closing MC and using IE (shudders)

Hopefully there's a fix on the way but this has been an issue for a while.

Jong

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 12:47:45 pm »

bump! Please can we get this fixed.

I've discovered search seems to work, but all the genre lists are wrong for the UK (a very small number of mostly very old stuff) and recommended is completely blank. Playback is great :)

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 01:00:15 pm »

Until this is fixed I'm using windows 8 netflix app create a view in theater view to call the windows 8 app it works well

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 01:22:06 pm »

Netflix won't work well in MC from the UK because the API that Netflix exposes does not support users outside the U.S.  We've complained about this many times, but it's apparently not a priority for Netflix.

The message "There are no items to display" on the "Instant Queue" page is usually because MC could not successfully login the user to Netflix.  The browse pages don't require login so they may work to some extent.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Jong

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 03:19:27 pm »

Hmm. Sounds like this is next to useless outside the US. What's the best way to use Netflix outside of MC on W7?!

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2013, 04:36:19 pm »

I’m outside the US and wanted to see if I could get this to work within MC.

I signed up for a 7 day Unblock US trial and a 7 day Netflix US trial. After a successful setup within MC I found I was still being offered the same old content as was available to me as before, except that now it played within MC. If you use the search function (a bit of a pain using a remote in Theater View) you can (as much as I searched) access the newer content.

I went back to viewing Netflix on my Xbox as it currently presents a better user experience for me and the way I view their programming.

I’m not sure if my experience is typical of US users. Perhaps someone who lives in the US or one of the developers could confirm my experience to the benefit of users outside the US?

Jong

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2013, 05:37:41 pm »

There is no doubt even as a UK user i am logged in. I saw the netflix popups when I registered my account. First time I tried to use Netflix within Theaterview I got asked to confirm I wished to link MC to my account. the search function seems to work (obviously I cant confirm ALL UK content is there, but it finds a lot of stuff that isn't visible by browsing) and I just watched 3 episodes of House of Cards (by searching for it). So it really does seem I am logged in, searching works, I can watch stuff perfectly, but browsing is hopeless. Hopefully, there is a fix.

I'd still like to know the best way to watch Netflix on a PC without MC (until this is fixed  :) ).

ps. the instant queue and recommended sections are still totally blank.

Jdmagoo

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2013, 10:41:51 pm »

Until this is fixed I'm using windows 8 netflix app create a view in theater view to call the windows 8 app it works well

Hi there,

Are you able to explain how to do this please

Cheers

James

apostos

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2013, 11:42:28 pm »

I'd still like to know the best way to watch Netflix on a PC without MC (until this is fixed).

I don't view Netflix on my computer but I know it's available through your browser. If you run Windows 8 there's a Netflix app that works well.

Are you able to explain how to do this please

This might help ... http://www.itsjustwhatever.com/2012/10/28/launch-windows-8-metro-apps-from-a-desktop-shortcut-or-command-line/

Jong

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 02:09:48 am »

There is no doubt even as a UK user i am logged in. I saw the netflix popups when I registered my account. First time I tried to use Netflix within Theaterview I got asked to confirm I wished to link MC to my account. the search function seems to work (obviously I cant confirm ALL UK content is there, but it finds a lot of stuff that isn't visible by browsing) and I just watched 3 episodes of House of Cards (by searching for it).
.....and on my iPhone Netflix knows what I just watched in MC. So it is just the browsing and the instant queue that is broken.

Jong

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 08:49:00 am »

Actually search doesn't find most UK stuff. My guess is somethings, like House of Cards, work because they are available in both the US and UK. Still doesn't show up in the browse list though.

I've now simply set up an external program launcher which starts Chrome in kiosk mode. I need to get the mouse out to select stuff but videos launch fullscreen and the normal Netflix keyboard shortcuts for play/pause/FFW/REW all work using my remote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up